Sr Manager, Art Direction - Global Marketing
Job Id: REQ-0002168
The Art Lead would help Visual Designers and Artists of this discipline agree on production goals and establish the quality standards for all Riot's visual storytelling for global marketing through great partnerships. Ensuring there is consistency in overall culture, career growth, craft development and animation production experience to provide high-quality visual guidance and direction in many media, across all platforms and games for the Marketing teams' largest Franchise brand moments.
As the Art Lead, you will be to work with Senior Leaders in Creative, Visual Design, Narrative and Production globally to give teams feedback as a Team member or Expert for cinematics, motion graphics, animatics, storyboarding and illustrated work by using expert craft experience. They will also support efforts to find and recruit talent, build relationships with studios and create a presence for the discipline within the industry to spotlight our team's accomplishments.
- Create and strategize efficient art & design pipelines and tooling for all artists
- Improve efforts to build outsourcing strategies and documentation to capture insights
- Find and recruit studios and talent for teams and products
- Provide design and art feedback to all developers to maintain quality and consistency across all products
- Partner with Senior Leaders, Art Directors, Craft Leads and Product teams to shape and improve overall art strategy for LOL Inc. Marketing
- Communicate with Directors, Art Directors and Art Leads across all games in all regions to standardize and improve on defining career goals, craft growth and production methods
- 5-7+ years of experience in publishing or entertainment related industry and providing art direction and mentorship across a diverse team
- Expert knowledge of Illustration, concept / design, storytelling, animation and the creative development process
- Showcase an understanding of brand building, typography, and visual design system.
- Persistent self-education around innovations in marketing creative
For this role, you'll find success through leadership expertise that prioritizes the delight of players. We will look at your past studies, experience, and your personal relationship with games. If you embody player empathy and care about the experiences of players, this could be the role for you!
- Knowledge of Riot IPs: League of Legends, Teamfight Tactics, Wild Rift
- Experience building projects and workflow
- Experience in Visual Development or world building for games, film, or animation
- Experience in areas such as motion graphics, illustration, animation, or 2D/CG Production
- User experience as it relates to web, mobile, television, and film development
- Creative direction and campaign strategic development
- Project leadership experience
- Creative Tools such as adobe creative suite, design and video production tools
- Active member of your craft community
For this role, you'll find success through craft expertise, a collaborative spirit, and decision-making that prioritizes the delight of players. We will be looking at your past studies, experience, and your personal relationship with games. If you embody player empathy and care about the experiences of players, this could be the role for you!
Riot has a focus on work/life balance, shown by our open paid time off policy, in addition to other perks such as flexible work schedules. We offer medical, dental, and life insurance, parental leave for you, your spouse/domestic partner and children and a 401k with company match. Check out our benefits pages for more information.
Riot Games fosters a player and workplace experience that values teamwork embodied by the Summoner's Code and Community Code. Our culture embraces differences as a strength, and our values are the guiding principles for how we approach work. We are committed to putting diversity and inclusion (D&I) at the center of everything we do, and promoting a fair and collaborative culture where Rioters treat one another with dignity and respect. We encourage you to read more about our value of thriving together and our ongoing work to build the most inclusive company in gaming
It's our policy to provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and members of Riot Games, Inc. Riot Games makes reasonable accommodations for handicapped and disabled Rioters and does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, handicap, veteran status, marital status, criminal history, or any other category protected by applicable federal and state law, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance relating to an applicant's criminal history (LAMC 189.00).