Senior Systems Engineer
Job Id: REQ-0002136
NEAT systems engineers are responsible for the design and deployment of the technical systems our production and events teams utilize to create and broadcast our esports content. Our culture of technical innovation and imagination allows us to push the boundaries of engaging content to deliver the excitement of esports to Riot’s players and fans.
As a Systems Engineer II you will join a team of industry leading engineers responsible for the performance of the technical infrastructure at our flagship Los Angeles esports production studio. We're looking for Systems Engineers to not only create automated solutions for day to day tasks, but also identify broader systems engineering problems and expedite solutions. Armed with technical depth and a problem solving mindset, you'll consult and advise teams across our Riot esports organization to better support their systems and infrastructure needs.
- Write automation to deploy, configure, and manage networks and servers
- Implement active and predictive monitoring solutions
- Optimize storage workflows utilizing on premise and cloud storage solutions
- Provide direction to impact overall strategy and roadmap of infrastructure architecture across North America Esports
- Respond to and diagnose emerging systems and/or network errors
- Produce comprehensive user documentation around your implemented solutions
- Design local area network infrastructure to support performance requirements (including SMPTE ST-2110)
- Utilize public and private cloud service providers to automate deployments, maintenance, and orchestration of secure production infrastructure
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or comparable professional experience
- Experience working on a team developing large systems from scratch, including gathering requirements and designing scalable, production-ready architecture
- Experience collaborating across departments to create solutions
- Experience working in cloud and on-prem hybrid environments
- System administration experience for Windows and Linux servers
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills for technical audiences
- Proficient with CLI management of network equipment from firewall to access switch
- Experience supporting infrastructure systems in a broadcast and/or post production environment
- 6+ years media and entertainment industry experience
- Knowledge of local storage options and maintenance practices
- Ability to travel domestically and internationally to support Riot Esports events.
- Experience with automation tools (ex: ansible, terraform, chef, puppet)
- Proficient with Scrum/Agile development methodologies
For this role, you'll find success through craft expertise, a collaborative spirit, and decision-making that prioritizes the delight of players. We will be looking at your past studies, experience, and your personal relationship with games. If you embody player empathy and care about the experiences of players, this could be the role for you!
We offer medical, dental, and vision plans that cover you, your spouse/domestic partner, and children. Life insurance, parental leave, plus short-term and long-term disability coverage are also available. Riot will support your retirement benefits with a company match, and double down on your donations of time and money to non-profit charitable organizations. Balance between work and personal life is encouraged with open paid time off, and a play fund so you can broaden and deepen your personal relationship with games.
It’s our policy to provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and members of Riot Games, Inc. Riot Games makes reasonable accommodations for handicapped and disabled Rioters and does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, handicap, veteran status, marital status, criminal history, or any other category protected by applicable federal and state law, including the City of Los Angeles’ Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance relating to an applicant's criminal history (LAMC 189.00).