Business Solutions Associate, SEA (Contractor)
Job Id: 4462
Riot Games was established in 2006 by entrepreneurial gamers who believe that player-focused game development can result in great games. In 2009, Riot released its debut title League of Legends to critical and player acclaim. As the most played PC game in the world, over 100 million play every month. Players form the foundation of our community and it’s for them that we continue to evolve and improve the League of Legends experience.
We’re looking for humble but ambitious, razor-sharp professionals who can teach us a thing or two. We promise to return the favor. Like us, you take play seriously; you’re passionate about games. We embrace those who see things differently, aren’t afraid to experiment, and who have a healthy disregard for constraints.
That's where you come in.
As a Business Solutions Associate (Contractor), you will assist the Business Solutions Manager in developing and driving new opportunities while supporting our partnering efforts across Riot's Southeast Asia Esports businesses.
You will be a part of the SEA Esports team and will report to and work closely with the Head of Esports and the Business Solutions Manager. You will be experienced in sourcing, negotiating, structuring and executing commercial approaches and contracts within Sports, Esports and other related industries.
Based in Singapore, you’ll join a tight knit group of exceptionally bright minded individuals who share our prioritization of player experience, rejection of convention, and passion for gaming. Riot Games SEA is dedicated to creating tailored player experiences that show local players they aren’t lost in translation.
- Support the business development and business solutions team in SEA
- Identify and evaluate appropriate partnering opportunities for Riot's Esports business, conduct due diligence, and make recommendations (including strategic rationale, valuation, and risks) in coordination with a diverse group of Riot stakeholders
- Monitor and report on deal KPIs
- Work with Tournament organizers, Broadcast partners and Esport teams to drive the growth of Riot's Esports
- Provide clear reporting to Riot and external stakeholders to the success of our partner programs feeding insights back into the team to level up the next deal
- 2+ years of business development experience with an established experience in successfully structuring, negotiating and closing deals with industry partners
- 2+ years of experience in the Sports, Esports, Gaming or Entertainment industry in Business Development or strategy consulting
- Experienced in driving a deal from start to finish and beyond with retrospectives, analytics, and strategic rationale for future deals
- Experienced in entering negotiations fully informed about internal considerations, knowing how to navigate the situation to best settle differences and, ideally, win concessions
- Excellent communication, presentation and organizational skills
- Regional experience working across different countries/markets within Southeast Asia, including an understanding of general cultural and localization differences.
- Fluency in native SEA languages (excl English) a plus. Fluent English is required.
Don’t forget to include a resume and cover letter. We receive a lot of applications, but we’ll notice a fun, well-written intro that shows us you take play seriously.