Manager, Visual Design Art - League, Competitive
Job Id: REQ-0002225
Riot Visual Designers seek to craft the best player experiences through their knowledge of systemic design, graphic design, interactivity, layout, typography, color theory and illustration. Designers collaborate with cross disciplinary teams and act as both artistic and design problem solvers. They understand players and ask questions about the what, who and how when solving for an interface or communication challenge.
As the Manager, Visual Design on League you will report to the AAD of League of Legends. You will manage the UI team, communicate goals, and guide your team to deliver high-quality art. You will motivate and develop the team in terms of their work and career progression. Your craft expertise and high-level execution will enrich the player's experience and continue to build on the established League style, brand and personality in League’s Client and Game UI.
- Run and manage healthy and productive craft review sessions
- Manage and mentor career growth of all direct reports
- Work with concept art, motion graphics, audio, Illustration, design and engineering teams to create resonant and high quality UI experiences.
- Establish process milestones and workflow guidelines while promoting healthy collaboration between Gameplay, PIE and Wild Rift.
- Guide the development and documentation for style guides and standard operating procedure guidelines
- Communicate with Production and other Craft Leads
- Hiring, onboarding, offboarding of direct reports
- Outsourcing workflows and feedback
- Resource allocation and work distribution across League of Legends
- 5+ years of experience creating UI Interfaces focused on Art for gaming or related industries
- Experience directly managing Artists
- Experience in 2D Software, Photoshop, Vector creation, and source library management
- Deep understanding of Interaction, Systems Design, Consistency, Typography and color theory
- Professional or personal work samples of UI Developed included in your portfolio
- Familiarity with the League of Legends IP and universe
- Experience working with vendors, giving direction and delivering clear feedback
- Knowledge of Figma library management
As a part of the application process, candidates will be expected to provide a portfolio of their work.
We offer medical, dental, and vision plans that cover you, your spouse/domestic partner, and children. Life insurance, parental leave, plus short-term and long-term disability coverage are also available. Riot will support your retirement benefits with a company match, and double down on your donations of time and money to non-profit charitable organizations. Balance between work and personal life is encouraged with open paid time off, and a play fund so you can broaden and deepen your personal relationship with games.
It’s our policy to provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and members of Riot Games, Inc. Riot Games makes reasonable accommodations for handicapped and disabled Rioters and does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, handicap, veteran status, marital status, criminal history, or any other category protected by applicable federal and state law, including the City of Los Angeles’ Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance relating to an applicant's criminal history (LAMC 189.00).