Engineering Manager - Infrastructure Platform, RDX:EDGE
Job Id: REQ-0002300
As a part of the Riot Developer Experience (RDX) team, you'll collaborate to build the distributed platform that enables our games to operate globally at scale. You will work across all game teams, including R&D, to engineer the microservice foundation that enables us to bring projects from creation to production. If you are looking to have an impact across all of Riot, join us and pioneer solutions to new challenges at an incredible scale.
As an Engineering Manager on the RDX Edge team, your team is focused on enabling Riot developers to securely publish their APIs for use at scale. You will support the team as it builds and operates a managed API gateway service that brings value to millions of players across the world, by handling everything necessary to securely accept and process hundreds of thousands of concurrent API calls for the Riot Games API and critical game loop services used across products like League of Legends, VALORANT, Wild Rift, and more. You will report to the Senior Engineering Manager of the Riot Developer Experience (RDX) group.
- Manage a team of 4-8 software engineers, coaching them, overseeing performance management, growth opportunities, and accountability.
- Manage the health and performance of the engineering team with empathy and authenticity, building trust, and inspiring them to overcome challenges.
- Stay closely connected to the tech, overseeing the technical design and deliverables of the team and working closely with your team’s technical lead.
- Grow the team through hiring and construct an efficient onboarding process for new team members .
- Build healthy relationships with other engineering teams at Riot to foster cross-team collaboration.
- 6+ years experience as a software engineer.
- 2+ years experience directly leading an engineering team
- Expertise with full software development life cycle
- Expertise in project management, prioritization frameworks and guiding investment strategies in people and systems.
- Experience collaborating across departments to create solutions.
- Understand distributed systems, microservices, and software at high scale
If your experience looks a little different from what we’ve identified and you think you are a good fit for the role, we’d love to learn more about you.
- Experience operating and supporting production services, understanding of on-call processes
- Experience developing using cloud infrastructure (e.g., AWS, GCP) using containers and orchestration (e.g., Docker, Kubernetes), managed using infrastructure as code (e.g., Terraform, Ansible)
- Experience with CI/CD pipelines (e.g., Jenkins)
- Understand networking - HTTP down to the network layer (TCP/IP, routing, etc.)
We offer medical, dental, and vision plans that cover you, your spouse/domestic partner, and children. Life insurance, parental leave, plus short-term and long-term disability coverage are also available. Riot will support your retirement benefits with a company match, and double down on your donations of time and money to non-profit charitable organizations. Balance between work and personal life is encouraged with open paid time off, and a play fund so you can broaden and deepen your personal relationship with games.
It’s our policy to provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and members of Riot Games, Inc. Riot Games makes reasonable accommodations for handicapped and disabled Rioters and does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, handicap, veteran status, marital status, criminal history, or any other category protected by applicable federal and state law, including the City of Los Angeles’ Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance relating to an applicant's criminal history (LAMC 189.00).