Senior Software Engineer - QA Automation - Legends of Runeterra
Job Id: REQ-0002359
Established in 2020, the Singapore Studio is Riot’s second international game development studio. Working together with our Hong Kong Studio, Riot has been expanding our footprint in Asia and accelerating our talent growth to develop games that deliver great experiences to our players. Our mission is to “scale Riot’s games to hyper-serve players.”
We partner with our LA headquarters on game development for League of Legends, Teamfight Tactics, and Legends of Runeterra. We’re also building teams for VALORANT and Project L, our take on a fighting game. The Singapore Studio is seeking talented, passionate Rioters with backgrounds in all areas of game development to build games that make it better to be a player.
We’re focused on working together to promote individual autonomy, ownership, collaboration, and inclusivity, so every Rioter can be their best while we boldly pursue games.
That's where you come in
At Riot, we believe “Quality Assurance & Automation” is more than the bug-finding process that follows months of development work. For us, it’s a set of values, practices, and behaviours that inform every part of the development process. Riot QA assists our engineers, artists, and designers to realise their best work, and the best way to work. Through iteration and fast cycles, we refine our choices and identify process and product defects early, thus protecting the player from flaws and distractions. This great opportunity challenges us to rethink our approach to achieve the very best for our players.
Legends of Runeterra is Riot’s take on the CCG genre. As a Senior Software Engineer - Automation on the LoR team in the Hong Kong / Singapore studio, your focus will be on architecting and ensuring full automated test coverage for the monthly features we ship: You help Riot sustainably craft excellent experiences for our players, globally.
- As the team’s Subject Matter Expert (SME) on test automation, collaborate with the Quality Owner to define a sustainable plan for continuous feature & content development
- Help lead a Sprint Team that delivers code to players in a monthly release schedule
- Define best practices in automated testing
- Design and implement test automation frameworks
- Bachelor degrees in Computer Science (or equivalent experience)
- Test automation experience for Unity (2020) games and microservices
- Hands-on experience in architecting & building test automation and build systems
- Experience with the likes of Unity Test Framework (UTF), NUnit library, and xUnit
- Experience in writing production code in C# and Python (Test Scripts/Pytest)
- Experience working in a large scale project with distributed development teams
- Experience maintaining the QA programs for live, online products
- Experience using data analytics tools to inform priorities
- Experience testing mobile applications on multiple devices and platforms
- A love for competitive card games, digital or print
For this role, you’ll find success through craft expertise, a collaborative spirit, and decision-making that prioritizes the delight of players. We will be looking at your past studies, experience, and your personal relationship with games. If you embody player empathy and care about the experience of players, this could be the role for you!
- Full relocation support
- Full health insurance for you, your spouse and children
- Open paid time off
- Retirement benefits with company matching
- Life insurance, parental leave, plus short-term and long-term disability
- Play Fund so you can broaden and deepen your knowledge of our players and community through games
- We will double down on your donations of time and money to non-profits