Country Manager, Philippines
Job Id: REQ-0002387
Riot Games was established in 2006 by entrepreneurial gamers who believe that player-focused game development can result in great games. In 2009, Riot released its debut title League of Legends to critical and player acclaim. As the most played PC game in the world, over 100 million play every month. Players form the foundation of our community and it’s for them that we continue to evolve and improve the League of Legends experience.
We’re looking for humble but ambitious, razor-sharp professionals who can teach us a thing or two. We promise to return the favor. Like us, you take play seriously; you’re passionate about games. We embrace those who see things differently, aren’t afraid to experiment, and who have a healthy disregard for constraints.
That's where you come in.
Reporting to the Head of Country Management, SEA, as Country Manager, you will help us set up and grow our business in the Philippines, as the face and voice of Riot Philippines. You will build and manage a high-performing team to develop an immersive player experience for current and new players across Riot’s portfolio of games and media, with a specific focus on the Mobile Games Market.
We are looking for someone who has their finger on the pulse of the Philippines’ mobile gaming culture, who has strong player and cultural empathy, who has the experience to lead local executions of Riot SEA’s go-to-market plans by managing publishing services including Localization, Communications, Government Relations, Brand and Events Marketing, and who has a strong business network required to build strategic partnerships in the region to create long-term value.
This role will be based in the Philippines, but may require remote work from Singapore initially.
- Build Riot Philippines’ game publishing organization and ensure that it delivers player value in an efficient way
- Help prioritize marketing spend across the Philippines, in close alignment with the SEA Marketing team
- Execute on Riot SEA’s strategic and commercial partnerships across the Philippines
- Build and develop a high performing team with a focus on Publishing and Business Development
- Manage the development of strategic initiatives to accelerate and further diversify growth in the Philippines
- Identify and execute local business partnerships through third-party agencies or direct relationships
- Establish a network of local partners who share Riot’s philosophy of “Player Experience First” and who can help us deliver authentic experiences to our players
- Identify and pursue leads for commercial execution on sponsorship deals from sourcing, structuring, and closing through campaign implementation and partner retention
- In alignment with the SEA leadership team, execute Riot SEA’s strategic vision in the Philippines, including high impact initiatives and projects such as ecosystem product development, Esports development, branding and advertising, community engagement, local content creation, press relations, etc
- Prioritize effectively and leverage relationships with internal Riot teams and stakeholders, representing us amongst player communities, the media, government, and trade associations
- Be responsible for compliance and regulatory requirements of local authorities towards gaming companies and Riot Games
- Take responsibility for Riot Philippines' P&L, managing complex business decisions around cost
- Lead by example, promoting Riot's culture across the Philippines team and driving cultural alignment within Riot itself
- 5+ years of work experience in publishing or marketing within the video game or entertainment industry; preferably strong experience with mobile games
- 2+ years of Business Development and general management experience
- Experience with direct P&L ownership
- Experience driving strong business results through strategy
- A deep understanding of the mobile games market in the Philippines
- Experience achieving excellent results collaborating with other teams in SEA and across the globe
- Languages: English, Filipino (business proficiency)
- Full relocation support
- Full health insurance for you, your spouse and children
- Open paid time off
- Retirement benefits with company matching
- Life insurance, parental leave, AD&D
- Play Fund so you can broaden and deepen your knowledge of our players and community through games
- Monthly phone bill allowance
- Monthly food allowance
- We will double down on your donations of time and money to nonprofits