Manager, Software Engineering - Wild Rift, Around Game
Job Id: REQ-0002351
As an Engineering Manager, you'll partner with your leadership team to support and evolve your team's product portfolio; cultivate an efficient and sustainable team; serve as a mentor to the team of engineers, overseeing their performance management, growth opportunities, and accountability.
As the Manager, Software Engineering of the Wild Rift: Around Game initiative you will lead a team of engineers in delivering a holistic gaming experience that attracts and keeps our players engaged. You will lead the team in building systems that allow our players to learn and fall in love with our game, play with their friends, acquire exciting new content, and enjoy the endless journey of mastery that Wild Rift has to offer. You will report to a Senior Manager of Software Engineering for Wild Rift.
- Manage a team of 5-8 software engineers ranging from mid to staff-level
- Support a team working collaboratively with product, delivery, technical, and quality leads
- Design the team composition and structure so that it has the skills and coverage needed for our goals
- Set a clear vision for engineering excellence, partner with technical leads to achieve that vision
- Post COVID, there may be some amount of travel required (~1 week every half year)
- 2+ years as an Engineering Manager working on teams that ship customer-facing software
- 6+ years professional experience as a software engineer
- Expertise with C/C++, C#, or Java
- Expertise with growth and mentorship of engineers
- Expertise in software development life cycle, project management, and prioritization frameworks
- Experience with Unity and mobile device games
- Experience shipping cross platform console games (XBox, PS, Switch)
- Fluency in Mandarin
For this role, you'll find success through craft expertise, a collaborative spirit, and decision-making that prioritizes the delight of players. We will be looking at your past studies, experience, and your personal relationship with games. If you embody player empathy and care about the experiences of players, this could be the role for you!
We offer medical, dental, and vision plans that cover you, your spouse/domestic partner, and children. Life insurance, parental leave, plus short-term and long-term disability coverage are also available. Riot will support your retirement benefits with a company match, and double down on your donations of time and money to non-profit charitable organizations. Balance between work and personal life is encouraged with open paid time off, and a play fund so you can broaden and deepen your personal relationship with games.
It’s our policy to provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and members of Riot Games, Inc. Riot Games makes reasonable accommodations for handicapped and disabled Rioters and does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, handicap, veteran status, marital status, criminal history, or any other category protected by applicable federal and state law, including the City of Los Angeles’ Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance relating to an applicant's criminal history (LAMC 189.00).