Release Manager III - Production Release Engineering
Job Id: REQ-0002393
As a Release Manager III in the Flight group, you will work with Player Platform developers to deliver platform software globally. You’ll manage delivery of the Riot Client and Riot Games API, and across the Player Platform Business Unit you’ll help coordinate the smooth release of clients, services and configurations. You’ll champion continuous improvement and collaborate across teams to create release guidelines for the platform, with the ultimate goal of making it easy to ship the platform globally.
Release Managers improve the product delivery pipeline using process and technology, and by advocating for release-focused culture. Flight builds the tools and processes that enable Riot to sustainably ship more games to more regions and devices, utilizing the capabilities of the Player Platform product.
You will report into the Manager, Technical Product Management of the Flight Initiative.
- Manage the Riot Client release cycle process end-to-end.
- Be a SME for Release for all teams in Player Platform, providing guidance, support and best practices.
- Lead projects that improve the development cycle, release process and tools.
- Work closely with product leads to help manage major releases for product and feature launches. Assess the risks of release schedule, milestones, and deployment plans to ensure the safe and reliable release of any content, feature, patch, or product.
- Coordinate the release process for our partners in eSports, Tencent and Garena.
- 5+ years of experience in a Release or Live Operations role, with at least 3 years of of experience as a Release Manager
- 3+ Years experience in:
- Ambiguous problem spaces and dealing with issues that do not always have a process or a system in place
- A role that requires learning new processes and technology
- 3+ years in a role as (or similar to):
- Release Manager
- Product Manager
- Quality Assurance testing experience.
- Have a solid understanding of game or software development process - How both client and server code moves through the development pipeline to various different environments and patchlines.
We offer medical, dental, and vision plans that cover you, your spouse/domestic partner, and children. Life insurance, parental leave, plus short-term and long-term disability coverage are also available. Riot will support your retirement benefits with a company match, and double down on your donations of time and money to non-profit charitable organizations. Balance between work and personal life is encouraged with open paid time off, and a play fund so you can broaden and deepen your personal relationship with games.
It’s our policy to provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and members of Riot Games, Inc. Riot Games makes reasonable accommodations for handicapped and disabled Rioters and does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, handicap, veteran status, marital status, criminal history, or any other category protected by applicable federal and state law, including the City of Los Angeles’ Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance relating to an applicant's criminal history (LAMC 189.00).