Staff Software Engineer - Build
Job Id: REQ-0002395
Riot engineers bring deep knowledge of specific technical areas but also value the opportunity to work in a variety of broader domains. As a Software Engineer, you'll work with both new and current technologies, creating solutions to overcome high-volume obstacles and to provide player value.
As a Staff Software Engineer on the Build team, you will support the secure and reliable build and release of internal products to Riot's game teams, including the Riot Client and Player Platform SDK. These products provide essential cross-game capabilities that level up the player experience. We work with internal game teams (League, VALORANT, and Wild Rift to name a few) and other teams in Player Platform to build the right features and customization for their needs. You will partner with a team of outstanding engineers and craft leads to support products that are used by hundreds of engineers and millions of players every day. You will report to the Senior Manager of the Flight team.
- Support existing build and release processes, and improve them to handle additional deployment channels and platforms
- Implement and operate services and tools used by Riot developers, and help deliver value to Riot players world-wide
- Work with us to level-up our technical designs, systems architecture, quality, and operational capabilities
- Build outstanding system designs to serve Player Platform and game teams reliably
- 6+ years of experience building software services, tools and automation aimed at developers, or related experience
- Experience managing and improving CI/CD pipelines leveraging common tools like Jenkins, Git, and Perforce
- Experience with Virtualization and Cloud technologies, such as VMWare for Windows & MacOS and AWS
- Experience with configuration management tools, such as Ansible
- Experience with containers and container orchestration technologies, such as Docker and Kubernetes
- Experience refactoring large build job pipelines into modularized, well tested and reusable units
- Experience managing OSX VMWare VMs as build nodes with Jenkins
We offer medical, dental, and vision plans that cover you, your spouse/domestic partner, and children. Life insurance, parental leave, plus short-term and long-term disability coverage are also available. Riot will support your retirement benefits with a company match, and double down on your donations of time and money to non-profit charitable organizations. Balance between work and personal life is encouraged with open paid time off, and a play fund so you can broaden and deepen your personal relationship with games.
It’s our policy to provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and members of Riot Games, Inc. Riot Games makes reasonable accommodations for handicapped and disabled Rioters and does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, handicap, veteran status, marital status, criminal history, or any other category protected by applicable federal and state law, including the City of Los Angeles’ Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance relating to an applicant's criminal history (LAMC 189.00).