Job Id: REQ-0002471
Riot Games was established in 2006 by entrepreneurial gamers who believe that player-focused game development can result in great games. In 2009, Riot released its debut title League of Legends to critical and player acclaim. As the most played video game in the world, over 100 million play every month. Players form the foundation of our community and it’s for them that we continue to evolve and improve the League of Legends experience.
We’re looking for humble but ambitious, razor-sharp professionals who can teach us a thing or two. We promise to return the favor. Like us, you take play seriously; you’re passionate about games. We embrace those who see things differently, aren’t afraid to experiment, and who have a healthy disregard for constraints.
That's where you come in.
As a Legal Counsel, you will be the focal point of all legal matters of KR business ranging from advice and counsel for each product to litigation support. You will help the team keep its finger on the pulse of the changing legal landscape, and help Riot navigate any potential landmines across many of Riot's jurisdictions.
As a Rioter in Seoul, you will join a tight-knit group of exceptionally bright-minded individuals who share our prioritization of player experience, rejection of convention, and passion for gaming. Riot Games Korea is dedicated to creating tailored player experiences that show local players they aren’t lost in translation.
- Advise on legal matters related to KR business of Riot Games.
- Provide legal expertise to internal stakeholders on a broad range of legal subjects including corporate, commercial, regulatory, IP and employment matters.
- Draft, review and advise on a wide variety of agreements including service, development, advertising, Esports, entertainment, promotion, labor agreements and NDAs; develop model contracts and templates as necessary.
- Collaborate with external legal counsel on specific matters ranging from litigation to expert advice requests.
- Degree in law from a recognized university or law school and legal qualification with the ability to practice law either in Korea or the U.S.
- 5+ years post qualification legal experience advising on diverse legal matters.
- Fluent in English; strong communication and collaboration skills.
- Organized, outcome-focused, and comfortable with running multiple work streams.
- Internet, technology, or gaming industry background.
- Solid understanding of intellectual property laws especially on copyright and trademark and experience advising on IP issues working with business teams.
- Enjoys games or has strong interest in learning to play.
- Self-directed, independent thinker who is also adept at cross-functional collaboration.