Software Engineer - Unpublished R&D Product
Riot Games was established in 2006 by entrepreneurial gamers who believe that player-focused game development can result in great games. In 2009, Riot released its debut title League of Legends to critical and player acclaim. As the most played PC game in the world, over 100 million play every month. Players form the foundation of our community and it’s for them that we continue to evolve and improve the League of Legends experience.
We’re looking for humble but ambitious, razor-sharp professionals who can teach us a thing or two. We promise to return the favor. Like us, you take play seriously; you’re passionate about games. We embrace those who see things differently, aren’t afraid to experiment, and who have a healthy disregard for constraints.
That's where you come in.
As an R&D team member, you’ll ideate, explore, debate, and develop across game genres and concepts that’ll eventually help Riot Game become Riot Games. We’re looking for veteran developers and gamers from a wide variety of disciplines, so if you have a passion for the R&D phase of game development, expertise that can contribute to bringing a project to life, a high tolerance for setbacks and changing direction, then this is the team for you.
WE’RE LOOKING FOR EXPERTS IN:
R&D Graphics Engineering
R&D Technical Direction
R&D Game Engineering
R&D Server Engineering
R&D Test Engineering
- A master of your craft: you’ve played an integral role in the early R&D phase of games that’ve been enjoyed by millions of players; you’ve got expert level knowledge of your craft, yet maintain the curiosity needed for R&D and are flexible enough to provide different perspectives of other development disciplines
- Humble: though you could teach a master class about your discipline, you know there’s always more to learn from others, so you eagerly collaborate and commingle with other experts
- Hungry to redefine a genre: you’ve amassed thousands of hours playing and developing games within a genre you’re passionate about; as a gamer yourself, you’re hungry to break new ground on a game that’ll redefine that genre for gamers who love it most
- A tenacious developer: you’re experienced and resilient enough to weather the whiplash from stops, starts, and reboots that come with R&D work
- Breathe life into game concepts, work closely with artists, designers, and engineers to create new games that’ll need to impress the toughest players out there – core gamers
- Spend years developing concepts that will change direction multiple times or get iced; that means you’ve got to be okay with killing your darlings
- Click the submit application button below, post your resume and tell us within the cover letter what game genre fuels your creative fire or share the kind of experimental concepts that’ll change the face of entertainment. We receive a lot of applications, but we’ll notice creative application materials that show us you take play seriously.