Head of Media House, Europe & MENA
Job Id: REQ-0002521
As Head of Media House (or Director, Esports Content Production as its known internally) you will lead a team of fellow professionals that belong to our Media House. You will integrate and lead our broadcast, production and content activities in a holistic way ensuring excitement, and trust among the esports audience in Europe & MENA.
You'll set the pace and strategic direction for content creation in the region, supporting Product Leads to implement their player-focused programs. You're eager to design experiences that genuinely engage players and encourage them to set the interwebs abuzz with their ongoing conversations. With your network already established, you will recruit and grow media professionals and agencies who'll help Riot reach its strategic goals for esports projects.
You will report to the Director of Esports, Europe & MENA to align your strategy and plans with our overall esports strategy for the whole region.
You will be based in Berlin, Germany and join a dedicated team of Rioters who are working on esports programs across all Riot Games titles: League of Legends, VALORANT, Teamfight Tactics, Legends of Runeterra and Wild Rift. You will be committed to ensuring that Riot is the most player-focused game company in the world.
- You will manage our Broadcast, Production and Content teams that manage the LEC, TCL and LCL competitions among other local and global ones
- Broadcast. You will oversee our broadcast programs and engage with vendors to extend our capabilities to new products
- Production. You will oversee our production and events teams in charge of our regular shows based in our studios and the roadshows we produce for the finals. Managing vendors also for some of our products
- Content. You will grow a capable content team that provides and integrates top-notch communication and marketing efforts to our competitions
- You will lead the Strategic & Planning Forecast for the Media House, ensuring it aligns and keeps up with evolving goals, while also managing budget execution and impact on the P&L
- You will work with Global Esports, Europe Publishing, regional partners and outsourced vendors to determine and prioritize Esports Media House needs
- Draw on your intimate understanding of our players and fans, identifying and proposing messaging that inspires their engagement.
- You will set goals for and track the performance of our media production efforts, and help your teams gain and maintain a data-informed perspective on their work
- You have a degree in Marketing, Communications, Business or similar
- You've produced shows and large-scale content marketing projects that champion consumer experience challenging marketing conventions in the industry
- You have at least 7 years of leadership experience in broadcast, events and content production, with an expert level of B2C marketing (including digital) tools
- You can develop the skills your team needs to grow using both on-the-job and training options
- You understand your impact on the player experience. You use that knowledge to improve the experience of all our games
- You have a broad vision of the European esports and media landscape. Your strategic planning make you a leader who can balance and prioritize short-term solutions without losing sight of the long-term vision
- You're able to explore metrics and analyze gamer trends to construct business cases that support plans, help establish best practices, position products and develop strategies for creative and media
For this role, you'll find success through craft expertise, a collaborative spirit that prioritizes the delight of players. We will be looking at your past studies, experience, and your personal relationship with games. If you embody player empathy and care about the experiences of players, this could be the role for you!
- Open paid time off
- Retirement benefits with company matching
- Life insurance, parental leave, plus short-term and long-term disability
- Commuting allowance
- Play funds so you can broaden and deepen your knowledge of our players and community through games
- Daily lunch, snacks and fruits in the office
- We will double down on your donations of time and money to nonprofits
- Travel allowance
- Wellness allowance
Let's Thrive Together:
Because together we are better
It's our policy to provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and members of Riot Games. We know that fresh and varied perspectives will make us better at what we do, so however you identify and whatever background you bring with you, we're excited to hear from you. Don't be discouraged if you feel you don't fully meet every single one of the requirements for a role, there's always room for growth at Riot. If you spot a role that will make you want to jump out of bed in the morning, we are waiting to hear from you!