Manager, Software Engineering - Player Platform, SDK
Job Id: REQ-0002415
Riot engineers bring deep knowledge of specific technical areas but also value the opportunity to work in a variety of broader domains. As an Engineering Manager, you’ll offer creative solutions to organizational design. You’ll also serve as a mentor for a wide range of engineers, overseeing performance management, growth opportunities, and instilling balanced accountability models for performance.
As a Manager, Software Engineering on the Player Platform SDK team, you will be front and center in growing engineers while leading central technology solutions for game teams. With your perspective, these teams will be empowered and unlocked to ship value to players around the world.
The SDK team is focused on giving game teams a consistent experience across:
- PC, Mobile and Console development environments.
- Unity, Unreal, League’s game engine, and mobile applications.
The SDK team is part of the Developer Platform group within Player Platform. This group looks achieve incredible developer experiences and capabilities for Riot’s game teams working across:
- Industry leading and internally developed game engines.
- Native mobile applications
- Cloud infrastructure solutions provided by Riot and Tencent.
This position reports to the Director, Software Engineering of Riot's Developer Platform group product.
- Manage a team of 6-10 software engineers ranging from associate-level to senior-level.
- Support and manage a team working collaboratively with product, delivery, technical, and quality leads as well as with the Developer Platform’s engineering lead.
- Develop and track on team-health meaningful metrics related to performance.
- Establish guidance and best-practices with regards to design, code and release processes for the products and solutions produced on your team.
- Own and drive staffing plans to meet immediate and long-term resourcing needs for your team.
- Partnering with product managers to promote technical solutions and implementation plans that meet desired outcomes and goals.
- Build and establish key business relationships with partners and customers.
- Proven experience (3+ years) as an Engineering Manager/Director of Engineering, preferably working on teams that build and ship business-facing software.
- Previous deep hands-on programming experiences in two or more of the following programming languages: C/C++, Java, C#, Objective-C/Swift.
- Demonstrated resourcefulness in project management, prioritization frameworks and guiding investment strategies in people and systems.
- Experience managing and guiding leaders and team members.
- 6+ years professional experience as a software engineer
- Experience growing and scaling organizations to meet the needs of the business.
We offer medical, dental, and vision plans that cover you, your spouse/domestic partner, and children. Life insurance, parental leave, plus short-term and long-term disability coverage are also available. Riot will support your retirement benefits with a company match, and double down on your donations of time and money to non-profit charitable organizations. Balance between work and personal life is encouraged with open paid time off, and a play fund so you can broaden and deepen your personal relationship with games.
It's our policy to provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and members of Riot Games, Inc. Riot Games makes reasonable accommodations for handicapped and disabled Rioters and does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, handicap, veteran status, marital status, criminal history, or any other category protected by applicable federal and state law, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance relating to an applicant's criminal history (LAMC 189.00).