Riot Games was established in 2006 by entrepreneurial gamers who believe that player-focused game development can result in great games. In 2009, Riot released its debut title League of Legends to critical and player acclaim. As the most played PC game in the world, over 100 million play every month. Players form the foundation of our community and it’s for them that we continue to evolve and improve the League of Legends experience.
We’re looking for humble but ambitious, razor-sharp professionals who can teach us a thing or two. We promise to return the favor. Like us, you take play seriously; you’re passionate about games. We embrace those who see things differently, aren’t afraid to experiment, and who have a healthy disregard for constraints.
That's where you come in.
As Marketing Director (Russia/CIS Market), you'll elevate the publishing and marketing craft within the Moscow team applied for League of Legends and new games, develop rioters in your Publishing team and run the big important hat of launching new games as local PO.
You work closely with the Riot Games Moscow team members to make optimal strategic publishing decisions and create awesome experiences for CIS League of Legends and new games players. Your in-depth understanding of the gaming and entertainment market, local player mentality and awareness of player habits will help you share these important nuances with Rioters in Riot Games HQ. Your hunger for solving problems and facing new challenges will serve you well in your communications with the global Riot Games team, with local and global partners.
As a Moscow Rioter, you'll join a smaller but dedicated team of Rioters striving to be the most player-focused game company in the world. You'll share our prioritization of player experience, rejection of convention and maniacal passion for gaming. Rioters in Moscow are driven to deliver unique player experiences that show Russian/CIS players they aren't lost in translation.
- A gamer: you've likely been playing since the dark days of dial-up; you take play seriously; games are something that is part of your life and what shaped significantly what you are.
- Educated and experienced: you've earned a degree in Business Management; you've racked up at least 10 years of leadership experience in general management and marketing; expert level of B2C marketing tools, including digital tools, as well as experience in implementation of large-scale marketing initiatives
- A strategic leader: your strategic planning and results-driven attitude make you an effective leader who can balance and prioritize short-term solutions without losing sight of the long-term vision; when making key decisions, you leave no variable unturned, including project scope, scheduling, viability of launches, risks and mitigation, and efficient issue escalation
- A people coach: you invest in people and make them grow as professionals and as a team. You help people to solve the problems in motivating learning curve with great challenges supporting in direction and giving a room for making decisions.
- Motivational: you don't lean on clichéd inspirational posters to motivate, you help others empower themselves by fostering an environment of shared ownership, constructive criticism, recognition, appreciation, and collaboration; you're able to identify what motivates people to help them achieve their best results
- A project lead: you know how to craft the process that brings an idea to life; you maintain a positive, team-oriented attitude that makes you approachable and inspires teammates to meet every challenge with determination and enthusiasm
- Entrepreneurial: you either have entrepreneurial experience or an entrepreneurial spirit, which means you're willing to take risks; you care about challenge and potential, not titles or the size of your team
- An idea accelerator: your creative ideas and the creative ideas of your team don't end at the concept phase, because you push forward the ideas you know will work IRL; you know what brilliant looks like and have no problems pushing others past mental roadblocks with brainstorming sessions that end in unprecedented innovation and drenched furniture
- Managerially courageous: you know being a leader ain't easy; you face delicate situations head on, dish out honest and critical feedback, confidently deal with people problems, and are unafraid to be the bearer of bad news when necessary – all because you know it's better to take action and foster change to help a team thrive
- Culturally astute: you're comfortable forging alliances across cultural and language barriers to shore up support for player-first initiatives, and can do this fluently in both Russian and English; you never stop learning about new cultures and traditions so you can provide players a unique, local experience, You are self aware, actively seeking feedback, and making changes base on what you hear and learn.
- High Potential: we expect you to be able to take on the bigger role in Moscow office some time after joining Riot Games.
- Build and grow successful, highly functional publishing team in Moscow to further elevate the publishing and marketing craft at Moscow office of Riot Games. Develop relationships with regional outsourcing partners to deliver player value in most efficient way.
- Drive the team to design, update, and implement regional Riot Games strategy Riot Games portfolio in relation to Russian & CIS gaming community. Build and make happened strategic marketing roadmaps for epic projects and big milestones.
- Work with the team on a broad range of media engagement, social play projects, esports competitions, community activities and other local projects making the change for the players and building the trust with local gaming community.
Don’t forget to include a resume and cover letter. We receive a lot of applications, but we’ll notice a fun, well-written intro that shows us your personality and that you take play seriously.