Senior Art Director - League of Legends
Job Id: REQ-0002599
In 2009, Riot released its debut title League of Legends and has since gone on to become the most played PC game in the world and a key driver of the explosive growth of esports. Delivering visually stunning experiences for a global audience while also building new games gives artists exciting and complex problems to solve. Here, artists are working not only with one another, but also side-by-side with game designers, narrative writers, audio designers, and engineers, to ensure that each piece of content from Riot reaches the level of quality players deserve. From animations to illustrations, cinematics to comics, characters to environments, we work as a team to put players first.
Art Directors at Riot oversee the quality and management of a team with a focus on Mission, Direction, and Cohesion. Your scope of responsibilities covers a wide range of initiatives. These responsibilities include overall culture, performance, and growth of your direct reports, and gaining alignment with other discipline leads.
As Senior Art Director, you will provide art direction for League of Legends. We are looking for an Art Director with an extensive background in content heavy games. You'll collaborate with design to ensure the game visuals match the mechanics. You will identify strategic art resource needs and promote hiring for all art roles on the team. As a part of the leadership team, you’ll develop strategies and eliminate obstacles with other leaders to achieve broader product goals.
- Establish and drive the art vision that aligns with League’s long-term goals to be the premier competitive experience, globally
- Set product-wide art discipline goals and milestones
- Collaborate with Executive Producer to ensure consistency between creative vision and art direction
- Establish the creative org with clear areas of responsibility between the various Associate Art Directors and Art Leads
- Ensure all leaders within the Art discipline have the information and support they need to make decisions
- Champion the development of efficient art pipelines
- Build and develop the art leaders of tomorrow
- A minimum of 10 years experience developing art in the games industry
- Professional experience managing other game artists and art leaders
- Professional experience establishing creative vision and strategy
- Deep knowledge of various art sub-disciplines
- Knowledge content-heavy MOBA games
- Experience in managing a team through visual development of a new game
- Extreme proficiency in art fundamentals, visual storytelling and color theory
- Knowledge of the League of Legends game and IP
- A portfolio that backs up your ability to set a marketable artistic vision
We offer medical, dental, and vision plans that cover you, your spouse/domestic partner, and children. Life insurance, parental leave, plus short-term and long-term disability coverage are also available. Riot will support your retirement benefits with a company match, and double down on your donations of time and money to non-profit charitable organizations. Balance between work and personal life is encouraged with open paid time off, and a play fund so you can broaden and deepen your personal relationship with games.
It’s our policy to provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and members of Riot Games, Inc. Riot Games makes reasonable accommodations for handicapped and disabled Rioters and does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, handicap, veteran status, marital status, criminal history, or any other category protected by applicable federal and state law, including the City of Los Angeles’ Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance relating to an applicant's criminal history (LAMC 189.00).