Sr. Manager, Software Engineering - Unpublishing Fighting Game
Job Id: REQ-0002613
Riot engineers bring deep knowledge of specific technical areas but also value the opportunity to work in a variety of broader domains. As a Senior Manager, Software Engineering, you’ll pioneer innovative ideas around product strategy. You’ll also serve as an advisor to other managers, supporting plans to improve organizational design and structure.
Project L is Riot's League-IP take on a competitive fighting game. As a Senior Manager, Software Engineering on the Project L team, you are responsible for helping Riot build and deliver a brand new fighting game. You will report to the Engineering Director, overseeing a team of engineers responsible for the build systems, release readiness activities, and shared technology used by the rest of the game development team. You will manage all technical decisions within your scope and help shape the product.
- Manage teams of 6-10 engineers ranging from associate to principal.
- Support a team working collaboratively with product, delivery, technical, and quality leads.
- Help us with design, code and release processes for the products and solutions produced on your team.
- Mentor software engineers, building career paths with them to help meet their goals.
- Design the team makeup so that it has the skills and staff needed for our goals.
- Ensure what we are building is serving our customers long-term goals.
- 5+ years as an Engineering Manager/Director of Engineering
- 6+ years professional experience as a software engineer.
- Expertise with continuous development and deployments of large-scale systems.
- Expertise in project management, prioritization frameworks and guiding investment strategies in people and systems.
- Experience in game development
- Experience leading an engineering team operating a high-traffic game or other consumer product
- Experience leading DevOps, SRE, architecture and/or data-related efforts
- Experience leading content/game engine support teams
- Familiarity with working with central technology teams, influencing central technology roadmaps, and contributing tech to central stewardship
- Experience managing external vendors and technology partners
We offer medical, dental, and vision plans that cover you, your spouse/domestic partner, and children. Life insurance, parental leave, plus short-term and long-term disability coverage are also available. Riot will support your retirement benefits with a company match, and double down on your donations of time and money to non-profit charitable organizations. Balance between work and personal life is encouraged with open paid time off, and a play fund so you can broaden and deepen your personal relationship with games.
It’s our policy to provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and members of Riot Games, Inc. Riot Games makes reasonable accommodations for handicapped and disabled Rioters and does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, handicap, veteran status, marital status, criminal history, or any other category protected by applicable federal and state law, including the City of Los Angeles’ Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance relating to an applicant's criminal history (LAMC 189.00)