Product Leadership - Legends of Runeterra
Established in early 2016, the Hong Kong Studio is Riot’s first international game development studio. We’re a diverse team, representing more than 15 nationalities and partnering with teams in the LA headquarters on League of Legends, Teamfight Tactics, and Legends of Runeterra. On top of this, we’re currently building teams for Project A, a character-based tactical shooter, and Project L, our take on the fighting game genre.
While operating like a startup—with autonomy and total ownership—we’re doubling down on our goals to build a world-class studio in a vibrant, international city, on a continent that is home to the League of Legends World Champion teams. The Hong Kong Studio is looking for talented, passionate people across all aspects of game development to help build Riot’s blueprint for a global, multi-studio world... and to make great games!
We focus on working together to promote individual autonomy, ownership, collaboration, and inclusivity so every Rioter can be their best while we boldly pursue games. This means less emphasis on titles and hierarchy and more emphasis on creating the right environment to ship excellent experiences to players.
That's where you come in
As a Product Lead, you’ll lead passionate diverse teams in creating creative content and incredible experiences for players around the world, focusing on Legends of Runeterra. By inspiring teams to collaborate, you’ll guide development, smashing through obstacles and driving projects across the finish-line and into players’ hands. By delivering creative projects at every stage of production, you will create an opportunity space for the Studio and have a direct effect on players worldwide.
- Having XP in AAA game production and creative design to help you easily navigate a labyrinth of creative and technical requirements, forecasting obstacles that could otherwise trip you up en route to content delivery
- You take deep pride in your work and view each new problem as an opportunity for success; you approach challenges creatively, but methodically, sparking discussions as you work toward prioritizing and breaking down the steps to solutions
- While you’re a capable self-manager, your natural verve and sense of fun make you excel as part of a team; you inspire others, provide meaningful and constructive criticism, and stay calm and collected in crisis
- You create goals through capable team management, tactical execution on daily progress; you connect player engagement efforts to broader vision and understand how to create content players will like and share over and over again
- Oversee multiple production projects at once, helping set vision while creating understanding for all levels of content creation, recruiting new talent, and leading fellow Rioters
- Act as product owner on a variety of creative content while creating venues to coordinate team members, manage backlogs, and work with other customers and partners throughout Riot
- 5+ years of experience leading prodigiously experienced dev teams while working in creative development, partnering directly with writers, sound, visual designers, producers, to engineer and visual effects artists to listen and respond to pitches
- Experience informing and building features roadmaps, identifying essential path issues while pulling together strike forces to blast through barriers and ship content to players
- Full relocation support
- Full health insurance for you, your spouse and children
- Open paid time off
- Retirement benefits with company matching
- Life insurance, parental leave, plus short-term and long-term disability
- Play Fund so you can broaden and deepen your knowledge of our players and community through games
- We will double down on your donations of time and money to non-profits
Don’t forget to include a resume and cover letter. We receive a lot of applications, but we’ll notice a fun, well-written intro that shows us you take play seriously.