Senior Business Operations Manager - Consumer Products
Job Id: REQ-0002663
At Riot, we work every day to make it better to be a player. But being a player doesn't stop at the end of a game anymore. As the gaming landscape continues to collide with entertainment, we're building a new team to bring Riot's IPs to players around the world in new ways, and invite new audiences into the fold. This team will imagine and develop custom IP experiences and products - animation, interactive narratives, consumer products, and beyond - that deepen players' and fans' connections to the universe we've created. In collaboration with teams across the organization, this team will aim to show players and the world that entertainment now starts with games.
As the Senior Business Operations Manager, reporting in to the Senior Manager, Business Operations, you will work with the Consumer Products and Expressions (CPX) leadership team to build and oversee the rituals and tools to optimize the health of the CPX business. You will, across all levels of the team, set up and operate the processes to establish goals, analyze business performance against goals, and provide business insights into daily operations. You will work with key partner teams across Riot spanning products and regions to ensure CPX's goals and products are well aligned with the rest of Riot.
- Oversee the development and operations of the work systems CPX relies on to plan team goals, track progress against goals, and recommend corrections back towards goals
- Build and maintain a full slate of dashboards to measure business health
- Coordinate and collaborate across Riot teams and regions to understand their respective goals and evaluate potential for CPX to amplify those goals
- Partner with Finance/Insights team to synthesize business intelligence into actionable recommendations for the CPX leadership team
- Develop CPX's deliverables for Riot's monthly, quarterly, and annual planning rituals
- Support CPX team with ad hoc analytical projects (e.g., market research, decision-support analysis, long-term strategic planning, etc)
- BA/BS degree in related field
- 7+ years experience in management consulting, strategic planning, business operations, or financial analysis & planning or equivalent experience, ideally in consumer product goods or entertainment industry
- Experienced in developing presentation materials and analysis for enterprise level planning rituals (e.g., quarterly Board of Director presentations, annual financial forecasts plans, annual long-term strategic plans etc)
- Designed, managed, and presented KPI dashboards for executive audience
- Managed complex projects with multiple stakeholders with conflicting priorities to positive outcomes
- Advanced degree in business administration
- Excellent knowledge of financial analytics and modeling or strategy formulation including important frameworks
- Familiarity with project management best practices
- Experience working with distributed teams and facilitating meetings that are inclusive and engaging
For this role, you'll find success through craft expertise and choices that focus on your fellow Rioters, who are the customers of your work. Being a dedicated fan of games is not necessary for this position!
Riot has a focus on work/life balance, shown by our open paid time off policy, in addition to other perks such as flexible work schedules. We offer medical, dental, and life insurance, parental leave for you, your spouse/domestic partner and children, and a 401k with company match. Check out our benefits pages for more information.
Riot Games fosters a player and workplace experience that values teamwork embodied by the Summoner's Code and Community Code. Our culture embraces differences as a strength, and our values are the guiding principles for how we approach work. We are committed to putting diversity and inclusion (D&I) at the center of everything we do, and promoting a fair and collaborative culture where Rioters treat one another with dignity and respect. We encourage you to read more about our value of thriving together and our ongoing work to build the most inclusive company in Gaming.
It’s our policy to provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and members of Riot Games, Inc. Riot Games makes reasonable accommodations for handicapped and disabled Rioters and does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, handicap, veteran status, marital status, criminal history, or any other category protected by applicable federal and state law, including the City of Los Angeles’ Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance relating to an applicant's criminal history.