Business Intelligence Analyst II - Live Operations
Job Id: REQ-0002646
As a Business Intelligence Analyst at Riot Games, you'll use data generated across our ecosystem to better understand our audiences, systems, and operations. Your technical skills, audience empathy, and ability to understand complex systems will ensure that we understand the effects of our work and have the data we need to make decisions.
You will be part of our Localization team reporting to one of our Senior Managers, and will lead several important projects across the team, including improving how we measure our success and the development of reports and dashboards to help us better understand operational health and player feedback. You'll also help team members dig into data related questions and support them on emergent issues.
- Manage our report development projects from end-to-end, including everything from ideation to partner management to implementation
- Help develop new measurements for Localization, taking the lead on defining how and where to report on this data
- Partner with Localization team members to develop an understanding of the problem space
- Maintain existing reports
- Help teams and individuals across Localization better understand and use data, and provide guidance where needed
- Answer ad hoc questions from team members across Riot about Localization data to ensure that they have the information they need
- Five or more years of professional work experience developing dashboards and reports, analyzing large datasets, visualizing information, cost modeling, and informing company strategy
- Two or more years of professional work experience providing data-based recommendations to business leaders
- Bachelor's degree in Economics, Computer Science, Applied Mathematics, Management Information Systems or a related discipline
- Experience working with globally distributed teams with a global customer base
- Experience working with a Localization team
- Five or more years experience building solutions using self-service analytical tools such as Tableau
- Five or more years experience with data analysis tools such as Tableau, Databricks, Spark, and SPSS
- Five or more years experience in scripting with SQL and extracting large sets of data. Prior work building ETL flows preferred
- Experience implementing data governance principles, processes, and models
- For this role, you'll find success through craft expertise and a collaborative spirit that prioritizes the delight of players. We will look at your past studies, experience, and your personal relationship with games. If you embody player empathy and care about the experiences of players, this could be the role for you!
- Experience working within a publishing organization
- Experience working within the gaming industry
Riot has a focus on work/life balance, shown by our open paid time off policy, in addition to other perks such as flexible work schedules. We offer medical, dental, and life insurance, parental leave for you, your spouse/domestic partner and children and a 401k with company match. Check out our benefits pages for more information.
Riot Games fosters a player and workplace experience that values teamwork embodied by the Summoner's Code and Community Code. Our culture embraces differences as a strength, and our values are the guiding principles for how we approach work. We are committed to putting diversity and inclusion (D&I) at the center of everything we do, and promoting a fair and collaborative culture where Rioters treat one another with dignity and respect. We encourage you to read more about our value of thriving together and our ongoing work to build the most inclusive company in gaming
It's our policy to provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and members of Riot Games, Inc. Riot Games makes reasonable accommodations for handicapped and disabled Rioters and does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, handicap, veteran status, marital status, criminal history, or any other category protected by applicable federal and state law, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance relating to an applicant's criminal history (LAMC 189.00).