Senior Systems Engineer - Core Infrastructure Team
Job Id: REQ-0002667
As a Senior Systems Engineer, you’ll be responsible for the planning, design, integration, and operational efficiency of Riots server and cloud infrastructure as well as its associated services. You will manage metal and cloud capacity, availability and sustainability, putting player and Rioter experiences at the forefront. You will be tasked with developing existing automation as well as driving new innovations in that space.
As a Senior Systems Engineer on the Infrastructure team, you will be responsible for the complete lifecycle of our Data Center server infrastructure and you will also be responsible for managing our cloud infrastructure that supports our game teams, and its associated services. This means you will plan, design, deploy and operate new infrastructure as well as iterate over existing infrastructure to give our players the best experience possible. Our primary goal is to support the player experience and that of our internal customers. You will help develop tooling to make it easier for our customers to consume our cloud resources. You will mentor more junior systems, cloud and network engineers to accelerate both their growth and yours.
- Independently solve complex problems and troubleshoot production issues at Riot scale
- Implement new solutions, systems, and designs in a vendor agnostic manner
- Contribute to the evolution of our infrastructure and operations monitoring platforms
- Grow and support our Cloud presence
- Level up your peers
- Minimum of 3 years experience within infrastructure delivery and/or operational support
- Good understanding of the CI/CD pipelines
- Experience managing Linux and Windows environments
- Experience with scripting and programming languages (Python, Go, Bash)
- Experience with DNS
- Understanding formatting such as JSON and YAML
- Minimum of 1 year experience with AWS
- Can drive delivery of goals at the team level as well as cross team
- Can lead a team of engineers
- Ability to adapt quickly to new technology
- Experience with Terraform
- Network engineering knowledge would be a big plus
We offer medical, dental, and vision plans that cover you, your spouse/domestic partner, and children. Life insurance, parental leave, plus short-term and long-term disability coverage are also available. Riot will support your retirement benefits with a company match, and double down on your donations of time and money to non-profit charitable organizations. Balance between work and personal life is encouraged with open paid time off, and a play fund so you can broaden and deepen your personal relationship with games.
It’s our policy to provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and members of Riot Games, Inc. Riot Games makes reasonable accommodations for handicapped and disabled Rioters and does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, handicap, veteran status, marital status, criminal history, or any other category protected by applicable federal and state law, including the City of Los Angeles’ Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance relating to an applicant's criminal history (LAMC 189.00).