Insights Analyst - Consumer Products
Job Id: REQ-0002682
As an Analyst, you’ll join the Insights discipline – the group of researchers, analysts, data scientists, and strategists responsible for solving problems and executing analyses that enable Rioters to make difficult decisions with confidence. You’ll be part of an interdisciplinary team and work closely with Rioters from other disciplines (designers, artists, producers, etc.) to conduct studies and analyses that will inform the features, systems, and experiences of our products. Your background in data analysis and strategic decision making will ensure that you’re an effective advocate for players and can provide strategic guidance about their wants, needs, and behaviors.
As an Insights Analyst for Riot Entertainment, reporting to the Manager, Insights, you'll apply a variety of methods across the research and analytics spaces in innovative ways and collaborate closely with product partners to deliver impactful expressions of Riot's IP. Your analyses will primarily support Riot's Consumer Products Expressions (CPX) team. You will work alongside CPX leadership to understand Riot's players and consumers, develop actionable product insights, and build strategies to help Riot progress towards its goal of developing a top-tier entertainment company.
- Conduct category analysis, SKU-level analysis, and inventory analysis to support group-level planning and strategy
- Manage CPX datasets, dashboards, and performance reporting
- Use consumer preferences and behaviors to inform the product strategy and development
- Support licensee sales pitches by gathering and summarizing relevant information about Riot's audience and industry
- Analyze CPX marketing campaigns, including channel performance and discounting tactics, to inform marketing strategy
- Develop creative ways to measure how CPX products impact Riot's ecosystem of games and entertainment
- Work with the Strategic Advisory team and Entertainment leads to build product performance frameworks that guide future product investments
- Use storytelling skills to share results with other Rioters
- BA or BS in Economics, Management Information Systems, Marketing, or a related discipline
- Experience using SQL in a professional environment
- Advanced professional experience using Excel, Powerpoint, and/or Tableau
- 4+ years of professional work experience analyzing large data sets, visualizing information, and informing company strategy (or 2+ years with advanced degree)
- Experience with consumer products
- Strong problem-solving skills and ability to structure out nebulous spaces
- Graduate degree or meaningful work experience in consulting, consumer insights or product strategy
- Experience with entertainment licensing and licensing models
- Experience with direct to consumer merchandising
For this role, you'll find success through craft expertise, a collaborative spirit, and choices that focus on your fellow Rioters, who are the customers of your work.
Riot has a focus on work/life balance, shown by our open paid time off policy, in addition to other perks such as flexible work schedules. We offer medical, dental, and life insurance, parental leave for you, your spouse/domestic partner and children, and a 401k with company match. Check out our benefits pages for more information.
Riot Games fosters a player and workplace experience that values teamwork embodied by the Summoner's Code and Community Code. Our culture embraces differences as a strength, and our values are the guiding principles for how we approach work. We are committed to putting diversity and inclusion (D&I) at the center of everything we do, and promoting a fair and collaborative culture where Rioters treat one another with dignity and respect. We encourage you to read more about our value of thriving together and our ongoing work to build the most inclusive company in Gaming.
It’s our policy to provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and members of Riot Games, Inc. Riot Games makes reasonable accommodations for handicapped and disabled Rioters and does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, handicap, veteran status, marital status, criminal history, or any other category protected by applicable federal and state law, including the City of Los Angeles’ Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance relating to an applicant's criminal history.