Senior Accountant - Entertainment
Job Id: REQ-0002708
Accountants, analysts, and advisors comprise the core of the Finance discipline at Riot, and our work ensures Riot's offices and partners around the world are optimized for strength and speed -- financial and otherwise. We aim to improve and break the mold of finance organizations without forgoing our fiduciary responsibilities. If we're not crunching numbers, you'll find us playing some of the latest games, pursuing our passions or upgrading our knowledge in accounting and finance.
As the Senior Accountant - Entertainment, you will report into the Senior Manager, Accounting and your work maintaining accurate financial records will ensure that we keep the lights on, the servers humming and the games launching. You will focus on daily accounting activities for the Entertainment group. Your accounting experience and in-depth understanding of accounting principals ensure the general ledger is keeping Riot on firm footing. You will mentor junior accountants on their career quests and help them level up their skills. Your passion for accurate financial reporting will help ensure Riot can stay focused on our players throughout the globe.
- Participate in all activities related to full-cycle accounting, including preparing journal entries, reconciling general ledger accounts, and resolving discrepancies
- Address technical accounting issues related to new/complex transactions by identifying and addressing accounting issues, investigating the facts, and researching the proper accounting treatment
- Investigate fluctuations, monitor trends and identify unusual transactions in the accounts; work with other teams to gain an understanding of the story behind the movements
- Prepare accurate financial reports for our established month-end reporting schedule
- Improve existing processes by finding ways to add efficiency or quality, help implement system automation and work with team on best practices
- Collaborate with other teams to stay on top of upcoming developments; identify accounting risks and work with team to address them
- Support additional accounting projects and ad hoc requests
- Conduct monthly account reconciliations
- Prepare and enter journal entries for our established month-end reporting schedule
- Assist annual financial statement preparation and footnotes following GAAP, including drafting new disclosures to align with new accounting standards or new transactions
- Mentor staff accountants by helping them explore their passions and move their careers forward
- A bachelor's degree in Accounting or Finance
- Minimum of 4 years of progressive experience in an accounting role within the entertainment industry
- Knowledge of US GAAP standards (especially entertainment industry guidance)
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel (can perform complex functions)
- CPA (or equivalent) license
- Knowledge of ERP systems
For this role, you'll find success through craft expertise, a collaborative spirit, and choices that focus on your fellow Rioters, who are the customers of your work. Being a dedicated fan of games is not necessary for this position!
Riot has a focus on work/life balance, shown by our open paid time off policy, in addition to other perks such as flexible work schedules. We offer medical, dental, and life insurance, parental leave for you, your spouse/domestic partner and children, and a 401k with company match. Check out our benefits pages for more information.
Riot Games fosters a player and workplace experience that values teamwork embodied by the Summoner's Code and Community Code. Our culture embraces differences as a strength, and our values are the guiding principles for how we approach work. We are committed to putting diversity and inclusion (D&I) at the center of everything we do, and promoting a fair and collaborative culture where Rioters treat one another with dignity and respect. We encourage you to read more about our value of thriving together and our ongoing work to build the most inclusive company in Gaming.
It’s our policy to provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and members of Riot Games, Inc. Riot Games makes reasonable accommodations for handicapped and disabled Rioters and does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, handicap, veteran status, marital status, criminal history, or any other category protected by applicable federal and state law, including the City of Los Angeles’ Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance relating to an applicant's criminal history.