Product Lead, Wild Rift Esports - NA Regional
Job Id: REQ-0002792
As Product Lead for Wild Rift Esports in North America and OCE, you will guide the efforts of building a thriving competitive ecosystem for Wild Rift. Your strategic vision, entrepreneurialism, product management skills, operational excellence and passion for esports will help you to establish new standards in professional esports.
To create holistic, outstanding experiences for players, fans and esports organizations, you will partner with different stakeholders and teams from our local teams of publishing, production, broadcast, business development, league management and operations to the Global Esports team in Los Angeles.
You will report to the Head of Esports, NA and OCE to align your product strategy with our overall esports strategy for these regions. This role is based in Los Angeles.
You will be committed to ensuring that Riot continues to be the most player-focused game company in the world.
- Run the holistic product experience, P&L and strategy of new or current projects for Wild Rift competitions in the NA+OCE regions.
- Build, lead and develop a growing and highly dedicated team focused on delivering amazing experiences to Wild Rift fans, teams and pro players.
- Develop and design a fan experience that puts players and fans first while being commercially viable
- Act as a fusion point between competitive operations, business development and finance.
- Focus on the growth of the NA esports team’s relationships with tournament organizers, professional esports organizations and pro players to drive successful relationships and help foster the continued growth of the professional Wild Rift ecosystem in NA+OCE.
- Manage external teams and vendors to ensure the esports experiences are tailored to, and resonant for, each local market’s fanbase.
- Coordinate between partners and Riot stakeholders (global team, marketing, game teams) towards a shared vision and roadmap for Wild Rift esports.
- Maintain deep understanding and current awareness of the esports, sports and entertainment industry.
- 5+ years of product leadership experience in sports, tech, or entertainment;
- 2+ years of experience managing others, including hiring and performance management
- Extensive experience in competitive product management; experience in online / offline esports event production.
- Experience setting a clear strategic vision and translate that vision into a cohesive portfolio of competitive products
- Experience negotiating deals with tournament organizers, production companies, broadcasters and media groups.
- Expert knowledge of the mobile, esports and gaming industry globally.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Detail-oriented and digitally organized
- Experience working with remote teams and external vendors
- Understanding of the MOBA genre
- Experience with League of Legends as a game and the esports ecosystem
- Experience with mobile esports business from the league operator and pro team perspective.
For this role, you'll find success through craft expertise, a collaborative spirit, and decision-making that prioritizes the delight of players. We will be looking at your past studies, experience, and your personal relationship with games. If you embody player empathy and care about the experiences of players, this could be the role for you!
Riot has a focus on work/life balance, shown by our open paid time off policy, in addition to other perks such as flexible work schedules. We offer medical, dental, and life insurance, parental leave for you, your spouse/domestic partner and children, and a 401k with company match. Check out our benefits pages for more information.
Riot Games fosters a player and workplace experience that values teamwork embodied by the Summoner's Code and Community Code. Our culture embraces differences as a strength, and our values are the guiding principles for how we approach work. We are committed to putting diversity and inclusion (D&I) at the center of everything we do, and promoting a fair and collaborative culture where Rioters treat one another with dignity and respect. We encourage you to read more about our value of thriving together and our ongoing work to build the most inclusive company in Gaming.
It’s our policy to provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and members of Riot Games, Inc. Riot Games makes reasonable accommodations for handicapped and disabled Rioters and does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, handicap, veteran status, marital status, criminal history, or any other category protected by applicable federal and state law, including the City of Los Angeles’ Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance relating to an applicant's criminal history.