Systems Engineering Intern - Tools & Services
Job Id: REQ-0002811
Systems Engineers at Riot play a significant role in supporting our global player base by using their expertise to build efficient infrastructure solutions. We seek to eliminate the need for human interaction with infrastructure by automating a range of functions such as orchestration, deployments, or configuration management. Systems Engineer at Riot recognize how and when to use automation frameworks like Python, Terraform, or Ansible, we understand the basic concepts of software programming, and readily craft tools to make it easier for Rioters to ship code.
- Work with development teams to plan infrastructure changes as they release new data systems and features
- Work with the network operations center and live producers to improve reliability of data products
- Assist on-call engineers to troubleshoot and communicate live issues
- Currently enrolled in a computer science, engineering, or related degree program
- Available to work full-time hours for 10-12 week at our Santa Monica Headquarters (subject to change based on COVID-19 restrictions)
- Authorized to work in the U.S.
- Knowledge of data structures and software engineering paradigms
- Experience working with Linux operating systems
- Familiarity with cloud computing concepts
- Understanding of distributed systems and concurrent programming.
- Experience with system automation and CI/CD. (We use AWS, Ansible, Terraform, Jenkins, and Git.)
- Experience with monitoring and alerting on a production system.
- Familiarity with security, networking, containers best practices.
For this role, you'll find success through craft expertise, a collaborative spirit, and decision-making that prioritizes your fellow Rioters, who are the customers of your work. Being a dedicated fan of games is not necessary for this position!Applications Close October 31st 11:59pm PT and are reviewed on a rolling basis.
Riot Internships are paid, and we offer relocation and housing support. Interns can also participate in our 401(k) plan. You can expect subsidized meals, in-game perks, and the ability to participate in our Play Fund, so you can broaden and deepen your knowledge of our players and community through games. The University Programs team also invites you to intern focused events so you can connect with your fellow interns and Rioters to make the most out of your experience.
Riot Games fosters a player and workplace experience that values teamwork embodied by the Summoner's Code and Community Code. Our culture embraces differences as a strength, and our values are the guiding principles for how we approach work. We are committed to putting diversity and inclusion (D&I) at the center of everything we do, and promoting a fair and collaborative culture where Rioters treat one another with dignity and respect. We encourage you to read more about our value of thriving together and our ongoing work to build the most inclusive company in Gaming.
It’s our policy to provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and members of Riot Games, Inc. Riot Games makes reasonable accommodations for handicapped and disabled Rioters and does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, handicap, veteran status, marital status, criminal history, or any other category protected by applicable federal and state law, including the City of Los Angeles’ Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance relating to an applicant's criminal history (LAMC 189.00).