Marketing Communications Strategist, Northern Europe
Job Id: REQ-0002531
As the Marketing Communications Strategist (or Marketing Communications II as its known internally) for Northern Europe, you will help build the position and strategy for PR and Communications projects and identify opportunities to build relationships with players, fans, partners and communities in the region. You will partner with agencies, support our brand managers and work with teams across Riot Games to build authentic and powerful narratives around our products and players. You will ensure that our messaging extends across all earned and owned channels in a compelling, player-focused way. Your insights and ability to connect messaging with players will help us build advocacy and passion around games like League, Valorant and Wild Rift.
You will manage our PR agencies and work with a team of motivated regional Rioters to lead our efforts to get the right information in the right hands at the right time. You'll arm our social media agencies and community managers with the right messaging to drive conversation. You will bring fresh eyes and rich experience to our comms and help us all achieve our goals.
As part of the Northern Europe team, you will report to the Senior Publishing Manager. You'll join a team of diverse professionals bringing epic experiences to life through messaging, comms, press releases, stories, moments and words that connect our products to players.
The role is based in Reading, Berkshire.
- Manage relationships with our PR agencies and support in other comms fields (social, community)
- Point-of-contact for the team for all comms across Riot globally
- Create focussed, nuanced messaging that speaks to players with coherence and purpose
- Work with teams across the region, and in LA headquarters, to provide comms
- Manage delicate, embargoed and time-sensitive pieces to safeguard epic moments for players
- 3+ years' experience in communication and/or PR role
- Experience in the gaming or entertainment industry
- Your craft is communication: you know how to write compelling press releases, messaging frameworks, and player-facing statements that cut through the noise
- You know what good (and bad) looks like when it comes to PR, corporate comms, and social media
- You've built strategies for publishing teams and can spot an opportunity, a story and a potential issue from miles away
- You care about our players and products - one of your driving forces is how to tell the best story in the best way
- Experience on one or more of our key markets (UKIE and/or Nordics)
- Outstanding written skills - if you're not a native English speaker you definitely write like one
- Communications or PR degree
For this role, you'll find success through craft expertise, a collaborative spirit that prioritizes the delight of players. We will be looking at your past studies, experience, and your personal relationship with games. If you embody player empathy and care about the experiences of players, this could be the role for you!
- Medical and dental insurance
- Open paid time off
- Life insurance, parental leave, plus short-term and long-term disability
- Play Fund so you can broaden and deepen your knowledge of our players and community through games
- Wellness allowance
- We will double down on your donations of time and money to non-profits
- Travel Allowance
Let's Thrive Together:
Because together we are better
It’s our policy to provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and members of Riot Games. We know that fresh and varied perspectives will make us better at what we do, so however you identify and whatever background you bring with you, we’re excited to hear from you. Don’t be discouraged if you feel you don’t fully meet every single one of the requirements for a particular role, there’s always room for growth at Riot. If you spot a role that will make you want to jump out of bed in the morning, we are waiting to hear from you!
Opening date for applications: 23.02.2021