Senior Technical Artist - Creative Department
Job Id: REQ-0002895
The mission of the Central Creative team at Riot Games is to support, empower, and unleash Creatives at scale by providing meaningful information, expertise, tools, and services.
As a member of that team you will work with production, artists, team members and other tech artists to develop the next generation of pipeline tools. You will work with studio product engineering teams to integrate digital content creation tools. Your role will analyze production needs and provide solutions that address those needs directly or allow technical platform users to build production-specific solutions. In addition to expert technical skills, you have a broad knowledge of established games industry pipeline patterns and a willingness to push beyond them to unlock higher creative potential from our global artist community. You will also help set the technical vision and long-term road-map for the digital asset management (DAM) pipeline, and be the main contact for technical needs as the team supports and partners with other teams across Riot. You will report to the department manager.
- Establish detailed program specifications through discussions with users
- Design and iterate with a global user base on tools and workflows that service multiple productions and use best practices
- Work with product management and engineering teams to stay aligned on product roadmaps across enterprise applications
- Extend and adapt product platforms to work well within the constraints of production
- Provide libraries, documentation, and guidance to technical artists as they solve production-driven problems
- Maintain existing near-term solutions until features are incorporated into enterprise applications
- Contribute to long-term strategy for maintaining and evolving the library development and technical capabilities
- Be the bridge between technology and art by maintaining the communication of technical progress to fellow team members and partners
- Be an available and eager mentor for other Technical Artists in their craft
- Expertise with Python and QT
- 5+ years experience as a technical artist or pipeline TD in games or related industries working with DCCs (Unreal, Unity, Maya, Nuke, Houdini) and Shotgun and Toolkit
- Expertise in tool development using modern pipelines for real-time and offline rendering
- Expertise designing and maintaining architecture of large modular systems
- Experience in cloud and web technologies
- Natural curiosity and enthusiasm for designing next-generation systems
- Experience with machine learning or AI
For this role, you'll find success through craft expertise, a collaborative spirit, and choices that focus on your fellow Rioters, who are the customers of your work. Being a dedicated fan of games is not necessary for this position!
Riot has a focus on work/life balance, shown by our open paid time off policy, in addition to other perks such as flexible work schedules. We offer medical, dental, and life insurance, parental leave for you, your spouse/domestic partner and children and a 401k with company match. Check out our benefits pages for more information.
Riot Games fosters a player and workplace experience that values teamwork embodied by the Summoner's Code and Community Code. Our culture embraces differences as a strength, and our values are the guiding principles for how we approach work. We are committed to putting diversity and inclusion (D&I) at the center of everything we do, and promoting a fair and collaborative culture where Rioters treat one another with dignity and respect. We encourage you to read more about our value of thriving together and our ongoing work to build the most inclusive company in gaming
It's our policy to provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and members of Riot Games, Inc. Riot Games makes reasonable accommodations for handicapped and disabled Rioters and does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, handicap, veteran status, marital status, criminal history, or any other category protected by applicable federal and state law, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance relating to an applicant's criminal history (LAMC 189.00).