UX Design Intern - Player Platform
Job Id: REQ-0002897
As a UX Design Intern, you will work with a group of UX and Visual Designers within our Player Platform organization, which is the hub for our game experiences across desktop, web, mobile, and consoles. You will apply your interaction design skills to help us ensure experiential continuity across these platforms and touch points -- including understanding audience needs and generating delightful solutions.
As a User Experience Designer, you'll create the design work in a high-scope product area that is complex and ambiguous. The spaces will generally encompass multiple features and sometimes span across teams. You will apply design thinking and take a broad approach to ensure experiential continuity across platforms and touch points. You'll work from concept through development and work with other designers to achieve your goals.
- Support high-level design in developing user experience flows.
- Build wireframes, interactive prototypes, and presentations for proof of concept and implementation.
- Work with other designers and Product Managers to determine problems and propose solutions
- Collaborate across teams to design large-scale products for players.
- Provide appropriate level of design artifacts for the team (e.g., Strategy articulation, discovery/research results, journey maps, flows, wireframes, mockups and prototypes)
- Enrolled in a college, university, or non-degree program in the design field.
- Available to work full-time hours for 10-12 week at our Santa Monica Headquarters (subject to change based on COVID-19 restrictions)
- Authorized to work in the U.S.
- A background in user experience design, interaction design, visual design, psychology, or computer science.
For this role, you'll find success through craft expertise, collaboration prioritizing the delight of players. If you embody player empathy and care about the experiences of players, this could be the role for you! Our team fosters an inclusive and diverse culture. We encourage collaboration and celebrate different backgrounds.
Applications Close January 10th 11:59PM PT
Riot Internships are paid, and we offer relocation and housing support. Interns can also participate in our 401(k) plan. You can expect subsidized meals, in-game perks, and the ability to participate in our Play Fund, so you can broaden and deepen your knowledge of our players and community through games. The University Programs team also invites you to intern focused events so you can connect with your fellow interns and Rioters to make the most out of your experience.
Riot Games fosters a player and workplace experience that values teamwork embodied by the Summoner's Code and Community Code. Our culture embraces differences as a strength, and our values are the guiding principles for how we approach work. We are committed to putting diversity and inclusion (D&I) at the center of everything we do, and promoting a fair and collaborative culture where Rioters treat one another with dignity and respect. We encourage you to read more about our value of thriving together and our ongoing work to build the most inclusive company in Gaming.
It’s our policy to provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and members of Riot Games, Inc. Riot Games makes reasonable accommodations for handicapped and disabled Rioters and does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, handicap, veteran status, marital status, criminal history, or any other category protected by applicable federal and state law, including the City of Los Angeles’ Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance relating to an applicant's criminal history.