Sr. Manager, Business Development and Partnerships - LoL and Wild Rift Esports
Job Id: REQ-0002915
In 2009, Riot released its debut title League of Legends and has since gone on to become the most played PC game in the world and a key driver of the dramatic growth of esports. At the core is the Global Esports team, the group responsible for operating the major League of Legends competitive international tournaments, defining global policies for the sport, driving global narratives, and providing services to our 15 different regional leagues. Our vision is to bring joy to billions of fans around the world by fostering a thriving global sport ecosystem. That’s where you come in.
As the Senior Manager of Business Development for LoL and Wild Rift Esports, you will report into the Head of Global Esports Business Development and will be responsible for driving the commercialization strategy behind League of Legends’ global esports events -- the World Championship, Mid-Season Invitational, and All-Star Event -- and building and executing the business development strategy for the launch of our newest global esport, Wild Rift. You excel at evaluating business opportunities in a dynamic environment and identifying avenues through which to monetize high-quality content, experiences, and media through sponsorship. You will oversee the full commercialization deal funnel from sourcing, structuring and closing through campaign implementation and partner retention. You understand the value proposition for sponsors while keeping your finger on the pulse of what the sports need and what excites our fans, delivering a win-win-win for our partners, our community, and Riot.
- Lead a team of Business Development and Partnership Management professionals to achieve both Riot and partner objectives
- Drive the commercial and sponsorship sales funnel and pipeline, including sourcing new business, negotiating terms, executing contracts, and overseeing fulfillment of obligations.
- Produce LOL Esports and Wild Rift Esports global sponsorship offerings and subsequent go-to-market strategies
- Collaborate across esports disciplines to identify new business opportunities, technologies, and assets to build unique and valuable opportunities for partner integration
- Identify opportunities to bundle LoL and WR Esports together for higher impact, while managing to maintain each sports’ unique identity
- Oversee partnership management across both sports, ensuring S-tier collaboration with partners and industry-leading activations
- Maintain a deep and current understanding of esports, sports and entertainment industries
- 8+ years of experience in partnerships or business development, successfully structuring, negotiating and closing deals and owning projects from inception through launch and ongoing execution
- You have experience working with partners, both internal and external, at all levels.
- You have experience leading a team.
- Proven experience in partnerships and/or business development in gaming, sports, content distribution, or live entertainment
- Excellent relationship management, communication, and project management capabilities
- Excellent writing and presentation building skills
- Track record of successful partnerships and deals with proven KPIs like high renewal rates
Riot has a focus on work/life balance, shown by our open paid time off policy, in addition to other perks such as flexible work schedules. We offer medical, dental, and life insurance, parental leave for you, your spouse/domestic partner and children, and a 401k with company match. Check out our benefits pages for more information.
Riot Games fosters a player and workplace experience that values teamwork embodied by the Summoner's Code and Community Code. Our culture embraces differences as a strength, and our values are the guiding principles for how we approach work. We are committed to putting diversity and inclusion (D&I) at the center of everything we do, and promoting a fair and collaborative culture where Rioters treat one another with dignity and respect. We encourage you to read more about our value of thriving together and our ongoing work to build the most inclusive company in Gaming.
It’s our policy to provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and members of Riot Games, Inc. Riot Games makes reasonable accommodations for handicapped and disabled Rioters and does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, handicap, veteran status, marital status, criminal history, or any other category protected by applicable federal and state law, including the City of Los Angeles’ Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance relating to an applicant's criminal history.