Researcher II, Competitive & Social Player Dynamics - VALORANT
Job Id: REQ-0002962
The Insights discipline helps empower Rioters to be more data-informed. We're an interdisciplinary group of scientists, consultants, and strategists from all sorts of backgrounds who join together to represent and advocate for players around the world. We believe that illuminating the globally diverse experiences, behaviors, and needs of players is critical to Riot living up to our player-focused mission. We're a group united by our love of games, science, and helping others succeed.
As a Researcher II reporting to the Senior Manager, Strategic Advisory on VALORANT, you will work with the Competitive & Social Player Dynamics team, help develop competitive and social features for VALORANT. You will identify and work on research opportunities to help develop new features or improvement of existing systems -- from prototyping through launch and live service. You will emphasize a user researcher skillset -- including surveys, player labs, and market research -- to shape metagame features for VALORANT. If you're looking to use your research toolkit and work with designers and product owners to create resonant multiplatform experiences, this is an excellent opportunity for you.
- Partner with product teams to create frameworks and insights that craft guide the development of the competitive and social features for VALORANT
- Develop surveys and player labs to create authentic, applicable feedback
- Provide strategic insights to test design assumptions and inform a product in development
- Use storytelling skills to effectively share your results with Rioters and partner studios
- Work with analysts and data scientists to construct holistic, multi-modal analyses
- BA or BS in the social sciences, marketing or a related discipline
- 2+ years of experience in user experience research, behavioral or cognitive research, or market research
- Professional experience in survey craft and player lab design
- Experience conducting market research or working with market research vendors
- Experience in product design or strategy for consumer-facing products
- Advanced capability in analysis software (SPSS, R, Excel, etc.)
- Previous research experience on video games
Riot has a focus on work/life balance, shown by our open paid time off policy, in addition to other perks such as flexible work schedules. We offer medical, dental, and life insurance, parental leave for you, your spouse/domestic partner and children, and a 401k with company match. Check out our benefits pages for more information.
Riot Games fosters a player and workplace experience that values teamwork embodied by the Summoner's Code and Community Code. Our culture embraces differences as a strength, and our values are the guiding principles for how we approach work. We are committed to putting diversity and inclusion (D&I) at the center of everything we do, and promoting a fair and collaborative culture where Rioters treat one another with dignity and respect. We encourage you to read more about our value of thriving together and our ongoing work to build the most inclusive company in Gaming.
It’s our policy to provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and members of Riot Games, Inc. Riot Games makes reasonable accommodations for handicapped and disabled Rioters and does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, handicap, veteran status, marital status, criminal history, or any other category protected by applicable federal and state law, including the City of Los Angeles’ Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance relating to an applicant's criminal history.