Technical Program Manager II - Infrastructure Platform, Riot Developer Experience - Edge
Job Id: REQ-0003018
This position is on the Riot Developer Experience (RDX) sub-initiative with the Infrastructure Platform department. RDX is the group that empowers Riot developers to ship and operate services on Riot’s infrastructure. Technical Program Managers within RDX lead our teams and collaborate with multiple engineering teams and product managers to accelerate how games are produced, iterated on and operated at a global scale.
As a Technical Program Manager within RDX, you will manage all aspects of delivery of your team throughout the development and operating lifecycle to lead your team and projects to success. You will embed on teams and work with teams as the execution arm for engineering and program management. You will report directly to the Manager of Tech Program Management for RDX.
- Manage development schedules and workflows, providing status to stakeholders, eliminating risks and blockers, and managing trade-offs around scope and timelines.
- Assess your team's current situation, adapt the planning processes and communication channels to ensure success via a sustainable and reliable delivery.
- Create transparency and predictability with roadmaps, planning, and partner management.
- Help guide team agreement on decisions and ensure that appropriate resources are employed.
- Set and embody the team culture and standards consistent with Riot values.
- Assess the team's health and composition, striving for cohesion and delivery excellence.
- Lead and coordinate across multiple teams to drive cross-team project(s) to success.
- 3+ years of project/program management experience
- Excellent knowledge of Agile work systems (Kanban, Scrum, …)
- Understand how to guide projects through the Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC).
- Prior success developing productive working relationships with team members, colleagues, and all customers.
- Experience managing projects/tasks, project planning, and schedule development across multiple groups.
- Prior success developing productive working relationships with team members, colleagues, and all customers
- Experience facilitating virtual meetings that are inclusive, engaging and productive.
- BA/BS degree in Computer Science, Mathematics or related technical field, or equivalent practical experience.
- Certified Scrum Master, Scaled Agile or equivalent certification.
- Experience building and deploying infrastructure solutions on a global scale.
For this role, you'll find success through craft expertise, a collaborative spirit, and decision-making that prioritizes your fellow Rioters, who are the customers of your work. Being a dedicated fan of games is not necessary for this position!
Riot has a focus on work/life balance, shown by our open paid time off policy, in addition to other perks such as flexible work schedules. We offer medical, dental, and life insurance, parental leave for you, your spouse/domestic partner and children, and a 401k with company match. Check out our benefits pages for more information.
Riot Games fosters a player and workplace experience that values teamwork embodied by the Summoner's Code and Community Code. Our culture embraces differences as a strength, and our values are the guiding principles for how we approach work. We are committed to putting diversity and inclusion (D&I) at the center of everything we do, and promoting a fair and collaborative culture where Rioters treat one another with dignity and respect. We encourage you to read more about our value of thriving together and our ongoing work to build the most inclusive company in Gaming.
It’s our policy to provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and members of Riot Games, Inc. Riot Games makes reasonable accommodations for handicapped and disabled Rioters and does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, handicap, veteran status, marital status, criminal history, or any other category protected by applicable federal and state law, including the City of Los Angeles’ Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance relating to an applicant's criminal history.