Staff Software Engineer - Gameplay - League of Legends
Job Id: REQ-0003035
Established in 2020, the Singapore Studio is Riot’s second international game development studio. Working together with our Hong Kong Studio, Riot has been expanding our footprint in Asia and accelerating our talent growth to develop games that deliver great experiences to our players. Our mission is to “scale Riot’s games to hyper-serve players.”
We partner with our LA headquarters on game development for League of Legends, Teamfight Tactics, and Legends of Runeterra. We’re also building teams for VALORANT and Project L, our take on a fighting game. The Singapore Studio is seeking talented, passionate Rioters with backgrounds in all areas of game development to build games that make it better to be a player.
We’re focused on working together to promote individual autonomy, ownership, collaboration, and inclusivity, so every Rioter can be their best while we boldly pursue games.
That's where you come in
As a Staff Software Engineer - Gameplay on League of Legends, you will be responsible for supporting the League of Legends and Teamfight Tactics (TFT) content team to deliver Player-facing features (e.g., Arenas, Little Legends, Player Personalization and what not) or parts of a new Game-Modes.
You will report to our Engineering Manager.
- Help lead a Sprint Team that delivers code to players in a bi-weekly release schedule
- Create technical designs for new features and architectural changes
- Break designs into smaller tasks, and mentor more junior engineers in completing those tasks across multiple sprints
- Create standards to ensure high quality code
- Coach and mentor more junior engineers through code reviews and 1-on-1 feedbacks
- Take ownership of live features and engineer technical improvements
- Align with international teams on coding standards, engineering practices, and technology updates to ensure the longevity of LoL
- 8+ years of deep hands-on experiences with C++ working on Gameplay features
- Experience working on multiplayer games (e.g., MMO, RPG, MOBA etc) with server-side game logic
- Experience working with QA, test environments and secure deployment
- Experience developing for a large quantity of users over multiple sites
- Experience working with Scripts (Lua, Python, Monoscript, C#))
- Experience working on a content-heavy (e.g. frequent updates, multiple game modes) live games
- Experience working on mobile games
- Technical team leadership experience
- Experience working across time zones
- Mandarin spoken/written
For this role, you’ll find success through craft expertise, a collaborative spirit, and decision-making that prioritizes the delight of players. We will be looking at your past studies, experience, and your personal relationship with games. If you embody player empathy and care about the experience of players, this could be the role for you!
- Full relocation support
- Full health insurance for you, your spouse and children
- Open paid time off
- Retirement benefits with company matching
- Life insurance, parental leave, plus short-term and long-term disability
- Play Fund so you can broaden and deepen your knowledge of our players and community through games
- We will double down on your donations of time and money to non-profits