Senior Financial Analyst
Job Id: REQ-0003086
Enterprise teams at Riot create the culture, systems, and environment that help Riot to be the best place for passionate team members to imagine and achieve the impossible for players. Enterprise collectively is made up of corporate teams like Finance, People, Legal, Corporate Affairs, IT and Infosec, D&I and Corp. Strategy that create the ecosystem for Riot's different product pillars to operate and collaborate. As an Enterprise Rioter, you will foster a trust forward culture to empower product pillars, act as true partners to product teams and create simple and customer-centric systems that unlock collaboration across Riot.
As a Senior Financial Analyst, you will support the Head of Enterprise Finance as a trusted advisor to central functions such as People, Finance & Strategy, Legal, Corporate Affairs, Diversity and Inclusion, and Corporate Operations. You'll use your financial analysis wizardry to advise the department heads on managing their P&L's. Although you are hardcore about return on investments, you'll know when to loosen your purse strings to meet the team's evolving needs. You will use your finance skills to navigate through ambiguous problems for a role that demands coloring outside the lines.
- Manage annual financial forecasting process and outlooks and support annual strategic planning process for Enterprise vertical/organizations/teams
- Monitor variance-to-forecast, research discrepancies, and alert partners when action is required
- Develop management reports and dashboards to help advise partners of risks and opportunities and take appropriate actions to manage Riot's resources
- Prepare ad hoc analyses and modeling to support strategic decisions in relevant teams
- Tactically build standard processes including purchasing, headcount approvals, allocations, and accrual validation, while ensuring accuracy in coding and reporting
- Create and communicate management reports and monthly financial packages to partners
- Manage the annual budgeting process for organizations and teams, including the support of partners in validating assumptions and creating bottoms-up forecasts
- Assist senior management and leaders with analytics and information to make operational, financial and strategic decisions
- Manage large datasets to update tools and dashboards to evaluate our partner organization's financial & operational performance
- Build purchasing process approvals, headcount approvals, estimating cost accruals, and ensuring financial coding accuracy
- Manage data flows from ERP systems to summarize relevant data and find opportunities for further automation and efficiencies
- Minimum of five years' experience in finance, consulting, investment banking, or corporate strategy in the gaming, tech, or entertainment industries
- Proficiency with Google Sheets, Excel (can perform complex functions) , and complex financial modeling to translate high-level input and ideas into financial or operating models
- Curious and comfortable moving between projects and facing uncertainty; can evolve and improve when facing uncertainty, risk, and change
- Autonomous and prioritizes tasks and raises red flags when signs of danger appear; and identify which teams need repairs
- Team player: Have experience working with other teammates in a growing and ever-evolving organization; able to maintain a that inspires confidence and motivates teammates to meet challenges head-on; building experience
- Equipped communicator: Easy to get along with, and can work with any personality type; crafts reports and presentations that are easily understood by non-finance teammates
- Player-focused: Career path chosen because love of numbers is second only to love of play; passion for gaming can be felt in life decisions
For this role, you'll find success through craft expertise, a collaborative spirit, and choices that focus on your fellow Rioters, who are the customers of your work. Being a dedicated fan of games is not necessary for this position!
Riot has a focus on work/life balance, shown by our open paid time off policy, in addition to other perks such as flexible work schedules. We offer medical, dental, and life insurance, parental leave for you, your spouse/domestic partner and children, and a 401k with company match. Check out our benefits pages for more information.
Riot Games fosters a player and workplace experience that values teamwork embodied by the Summoner's Code and Community Code. Our culture embraces differences as a strength, and our values are the guiding principles for how we approach work. We are committed to putting diversity and inclusion (D&I) at the center of everything we do, and promoting a fair and collaborative culture where Rioters treat one another with dignity and respect. We encourage you to read more about our value of thriving together and our ongoing work to build the most inclusive company in Gaming.
It’s our policy to provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and members of Riot Games, Inc. Riot Games makes reasonable accommodations for handicapped and disabled Rioters and does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, handicap, veteran status, marital status, criminal history, or any other category protected by applicable federal and state law, including the City of Los Angeles’ Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance relating to an applicant's criminal history.