Job Id: REQ-0003036
The Legal team has the responsibility to always provide the highest quality legal services that fully align with Riot’s company mission of putting players first. Figuring out what’s “best for the company” always begins with thinking about what’s “best for players.” Every policy or contract that we draft; every lawsuit that we file or defend against; every letter we send; and all the legal advice that we give to our partners, must always be done with our players’ interests in mind.
As Paralegal, SEA, you will report to the Head of Legal, China and SEA, and will help organize, review, and draft legal documents. You will also help alleviate the administrative needs burdening the team, freeing attorneys to focus on more substantive matters.
- Manage and archive multiple contracts, IP registrations/certificates, pleadings and corporate documents and maintain spreadsheets to help track important contracts and legal obligations
- Work with legal team members and business owners to review, edit, and draft legal documents
- Take the lead on a variety of tasks, including processing vendor invoices and payments
- Prepare general correspondence and maintain departmental records
- Coordinate and maintain team appointments, meetings, and events and provide administrative support such as handling payments and reimbursements.
- Trustworthy: You are always on top of your game, able to organize and execute multiple projects simultaneously without missing a beat or a deadline; like a human vault, you mentally lock away sensitive information and trade secrets behind impenetrable steel and a nine-digit passcode
- A detail detective: You know that in law, everything can hinge on one overlooked triviality; you pour over every detail, letting no minor discrepancy, minutia, or legal loophole escape your ever-watchful eye
- Educated and experienced: You have racked up at least a year's experience in a legal environment; ideally, you've drafted contracts or dealt with corporate or court filings
- Communicator: You effectively communicate with team members to ensure the team is operating smoothly
- Diligent: You follow through on each task and follow up on needed response and guidance
- Proactive: You have the ability to anticipate the administrative needs of the legal team
- You have at least three years of paralegal experience from top-tier law firms or multinational companies
- You are fully bilingual; you can draft and review emails and documents in English and Chinese
- Full health insurance for you, your spouse and children
- Open paid time off
- Retirement benefits with company matching
- Life insurance and AD&D
- Play Fund so you can broaden and deepen your knowledge of our players and community through games
- Covered phone bills
- We will double down on your donations of time and money to non-profits