Senior Manager, User Experience Design - Player Platform
Job Id: REQ-0003121
UX Designers at Riot will create outstanding experiences for our players. We work in problem spaces that are complex and ambiguous -- and product areas that generally encompass multiple features and span across teams. We work from concept through the product development lifecycle and collaborate with other disciplines to create cohesive experiences.
As a Senior Manager, User Experience Design of Player Platform, you'll help set the experiential strategy and direction, manage the UX team, and create design work and high-level concept development. You will be trusted to lead a small team to help them develop experiences for all aspects of our platform. You and your team will work with other designers to produce engaging, intuitive, and appropriate designs -- ranging from in-game to around-the-game systems.
You will report to the Director of User Experience in Player Platform.
- Set the UX vision and strategy by partnering with Game Design and Product leadership
- Understand our audiences and create design work that exceeds their expectations and needs
- Manage and allocate a team of User Experience Designers to be motivated so as to achieve the product design vision
- Create data-informed presentations, wireframes, and prototypes at the right level of fidelity to communicate design intent to executives and leaders
- Provide teams with the right artifacts at the right time (e.g., Strategy articulation, discovery/ user research results, journey maps, wireframes, flow mockups and prototypes) in order to meet product goals and to guide understanding
- Be prepared to help implement prototypes (with engineering support) to brainstorm concepts and validate with players
- 5+ years of experience (depending on degree) designing digital product experiences, games as a service/ live services, and platforms as a User Experience Designer
- At least 2 years of management experience for Games as a Service or living product
- Familiarity with design with Game Engines
- Experience with industry standard digital design and prototyping tools (e.g., Figma, Adobe XD, Invision, Axure, Framer, etc.)
- A minimum of a BA/ BS degree in Human-Computer Interaction, Computer Science, Interaction Design, Communication Design, Graphic Design, Psychology, or equivalent
- 2+ year of Game Engine development and front-end markup skills are a bonus
For this role, you'll find success through craft expertise and a collaborative spirit that prioritizes the delight of players. We will be looking at your past work products, experience, and your personal relationship with games. If you embody player empathy and care about the experiences of players, this could be the role for you!
We offer medical, dental, and vision plans that cover you, your spouse/domestic partner, and children. Life insurance, parental leave, plus short-term and long-term disability coverage are also available. Riot will support your retirement benefits with a company match, and double down on your donations of time and money to non-profit charitable organizations. Balance between work and personal life is encouraged with open paid time off, and a play fund so you can broaden and deepen your personal relationship with games.
It's our policy to provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and members of Riot Games, Inc. Riot Games makes reasonable accommodations for handicapped and disabled Rioters and does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, handicap, veteran status, marital status, criminal history, or any other category protected by applicable federal and state law, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance relating to an applicant's criminal history (LAMC 189.00).