Motion Graphics Artist II - TFT, Experiences
Job Id: REQ-0003045
On the Motion Graphics team at Riot, artists conceptualize and give life to high-quality motion projects for Riot Games products. Your technical and creative skills will transform static images into temporal works of art. You will work with art leads to make creative decisions that determine how visual elements within projects come to life. Through collaboration with other visual artists, game designers, audio designers, QA and engineers, you'll help usher in the next generation of UI for Teamfight Tactics.
As a Motion Graphics Artist II on Teamfight Tactics, you will report to a Lead Visual Designer. You will contribute to all of Teamfight Tactic's motion needs on projects like UI animatics, transitions, full motion user flows, in-engine UI effects, sprite sheet creation, and more. You will work with other disciplines on your product team to create stable and performant motion graphics that enhance the player experience.
- Create UI animatics out of visual designs, following the Teamfight Tactics and League of Legends quality, style and motion conventions
- Work with a team of UX, Audio and Visual Designers
- Drive workflow improvements to unlock the potential for future artists
- Represent to the team what motion can be used for, and also when it shouldn't be used
- Present the product's features and goals by breathing life into the User Interface experience
- Balance craft and product feedback with a strong empathy and focus on player experience
- Implement animation in the most efficient and performant way that achieves the product goals
- Gather feedback across Riot and contribute to Communities of Practice to further establish your craft and level up the discipline
- 3+ years of professional experience creating UI animatics for games or interactive experience
- Experience animating celebrations, systems, UI notifications and HUDs
- Experience with real-time particle and VFX-based animations
- Proficient in Adobe After Effects and experience with the Adobe Suite including Photoshop and Illustrator
- Understanding of version control tools and game dev workflow
- Experience in 3D with motion including Maya, 3DSMax, Cinema4D, or other industry standard software
- Experience in Unity or Unreal a plus
- Experience in Figma a plus
- Knowledge of League of Legends / Teamfight Tactics IP and style
- Knowledge of best practices for optimized implementation
Riot has a focus on work/life balance, shown by our open paid time off policy, in addition to other perks such as flexible work schedules. We offer medical, dental, and life insurance, parental leave for you, your spouse/domestic partner and children, and a 401k with company match. Check out our benefits pages for more information.
Riot Games fosters a player and workplace experience that values teamwork embodied by the Summoner's Code and Community Code. Our culture embraces differences as a strength, and our values are the guiding principles for how we approach work. We are committed to putting diversity and inclusion (D&I) at the center of everything we do, and promoting a fair and collaborative culture where Rioters treat one another with dignity and respect. We encourage you to read more about our value of thriving together and our ongoing work to build the most inclusive company in Gaming.
It’s our policy to provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and members of Riot Games, Inc. Riot Games makes reasonable accommodations for handicapped and disabled Rioters and does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, handicap, veteran status, marital status, criminal history, or any other category protected by applicable federal and state law, including the City of Los Angeles’ Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance relating to an applicant's criminal history.