Art Lead - Riot Forge
Job Id: REQ-0003202
Riot Forge was announced in 2019, as a 3rd party publisher. Publishing’s role is to introduce our products to players and form authentic relationships with them through compelling storytelling and great games.
As the Art Lead for Riot Forge, you will guide our studio partners to achieve IP aligned visuals and art that resonates with players for the Forge portfolio. Working closely with the Forge Creative team and wider Riot, you will assess the Forge games as they progress through their productions, from early concepts to final delivery of the game. Your role will be to assist our Forge studios to achieve their very best visuals while making sure the quality and style of the art is consistent, and aligned, with what good looks like for Riot.
- Work with the Forge Team to align with the Partner's artistic vision for the game and assess the ability of the Partner team to accomplish the desired style at quality.
- Be a Key advisor in ensuring our partners can achieve the target quality bar for both artistic and IP execution.
- Establish and drive a pipeline for the Forge team that allows for timely feedback on art, and IP related assets.
- Establish and drive an external review pipeline with partners to ensure they have the correct foundational IP materials and direction to maintain IP consistency.
- Establish and maintain a relationship with internal Riot SMEs, in all areas of production, who can assist in feedback on a craft-specific level, where needed. Establish milestone check-ins with SMEs to assure player resonant Art craft.
- Maintain a strong relationship with World Building, ensuring relevant materials are shared and made accessible to all parties.
- A minimum of 5+ years experience developing art in the games industry
- Professional experience managing other game artists and/or art leaders
- Experience establishing art vision and direction for games
- Knowledge of various art sub-disciplines
- A portfolio that showcases your ability to set a marketable artistic vision
- Excellent communication and collaboration skills.
- Experience with a variety of game genres and styles
- Extreme proficiency in art fundamentals, visual storytelling and color theory
- Knowledge of the League of Legends game and IP
- Multi platform development experience
Riot has a focus on work/life balance, shown by our open paid time off policy, in addition to other perks such as flexible work schedules. We offer medical, dental, and life insurance, parental leave for you, your spouse/domestic partner and children, and a 401k with company match. Check out our benefits pages for more information.
Riot Games fosters a player and workplace experience that values teamwork embodied by the Summoner's Code and Community Code. Our culture embraces differences as a strength, and our values are the guiding principles for how we approach work. We are committed to putting diversity and inclusion (D&I) at the center of everything we do, and promoting a fair and collaborative culture where Rioters treat one another with dignity and respect. We encourage you to read more about our value of thriving together and our ongoing work to build the most inclusive company in Gaming.
It’s our policy to provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and members of Riot Games, Inc. Riot Games makes reasonable accommodations for handicapped and disabled Rioters and does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, handicap, veteran status, marital status, criminal history, or any other category protected by applicable federal and state law, including the City of Los Angeles’ Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance relating to an applicant's criminal history.