Producer II - League of Legends, Audio
Job Id: REQ-0003321
As Producers at Riot, we lead passionate cross-functional teams to create innovative products and experiences that seek to deliver maximum player value. We drive development, smash through obstacles, and push projects across the finish line. We meet and exceed expectations by helping concept, deliver, enhance, and influence projects at every stage of production.
As an Audio Producer on LoL Audio General, you will report into and work with the Audio Director to manage the content development of audio deliverables for League of Legends, Teamfight Tactics, and Wild Rift. You will be accountable to deliver projects from beginning to end, including gathering requirements, building work systems, identifying dependencies and maintaining execution, all while providing visibility on complex deliverables. You will partner with various producers from many different product teams to design a work intake system and ensure successful delivery of audio outputs to players while ensuring the team works at a sustainable pace and continuously improves.
- Work in a cross-functional development team to own the delivery of audio content on League PC, Wild Rift and Teamfight Tactics.
- Partner with the Audio Director and Audio Leads to improve processes that allow audio designers to solely focus on creative tasks without having to worry about production duties and dependencies.
- Design work systems and processes to proactively identify and load balance work between sound designers, voice over designers, and composers.
- Build relationships with partner teams across League, Wild Rift and Teamfight Tactics supported by Audio, determine a work intake system to ensure their needs are met and craft working agreements to manage joint projects.
- Attend meetings as audio department representative to drive a dialogue on scope, risk assessment, pipeline blockers.
- Alongside the Audio Director and Audio Leads, help represent the voice of Audio and advocate for the requirements of Audio Designers and Composers in broader Runeterra IP discussions.
- Shape the music team’s framework for efficient project planning, provide visibility and predictability to the team and stakeholders, and spearhead investigation activities for accurate resource planning on a quarterly basis.
- Track high volumes of assets, administer team updates, rituals, and vendor meetings.
- Focus on project roadmap, assisting in campaigns planning with team leads.
- Assist with contract changes, budget approvals, expenses submissions, cost tracking.
- Act as a liaison between audio and legal for considerations in regards to music.
- Oversee and reduce project risks throughout the production process, escalating issues when needed.
- 3+ years experience in a software production role (i.e. - experience as a producer, product manager, project manager, or similar).
- Direct experience coordinating and/or managing efforts in game development in an Audio Producer or Associate Audio Producer role.
- Experience working in cross-functional teams, setting up work systems, improving team effectiveness and health, and delivering projects.
- Experience applying Agile and/or Lean development process and practices.
- Experience in a fast paced work environment.
- Experience in working with audio vendors or as a vendor.
- Experience with the game audio process in one or more of the following crafts: Sound Design, Voice Over, Music.
- Certificate/Bachelors in audio/music engineering or equivalent industry experience (2+ years)
- Familiarity with sound design and music creation tools (ProTools, Nuendo, Reaper, Izotope, Waves, Native Instruments, etc) & techniques.
- An understanding and experience with Wwise audio middleware.
Riot has a focus on work/life balance, shown by our open paid time off policy, in addition to other perks such as flexible work schedules. We offer medical, dental, and life insurance, parental leave for you, your spouse/domestic partner and children, and a 401k with company match. Check out our benefits pages for more information.
Riot Games fosters a player and workplace experience that values teamwork embodied by the Summoner's Code and Community Code. Our culture embraces differences as a strength, and our values are the guiding principles for how we approach work. We are committed to putting diversity and inclusion (D&I) at the center of everything we do, and promoting a fair and collaborative culture where Rioters treat one another with dignity and respect. We encourage you to read more about our value of thriving together and our ongoing work to build the most inclusive company in Gaming.
It’s our policy to provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and members of Riot Games, Inc. Riot Games makes reasonable accommodations for handicapped and disabled Rioters and does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, handicap, veteran status, marital status, criminal history, or any other category protected by applicable federal and state law, including the City of Los Angeles’ Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance relating to an applicant's criminal history.