Senior 3D Character Artist - Unpublished R&D Product
Job Id: REQ-0003342
As a Senior 3D Character Artist at Riot, you will bring characters to life by creating and texturing high and low poly models. You will help craft some of the most iconic characters in the world of gaming. Your sculpting skills, artistic eye and experience with anatomy, form, and color will lead the way in character creation. Working within both technical and design constraints, you will use your knowledge of proportions, anatomy and readability to ensure models are optimized in game. Your craft expertise, high-level execution and attention to detail will enrich the player’s immersive experience.
As a Senior 3D Character Artist on the Research & Development team to work on a brand new unpublished game. You’ll partner with the Art Director to define, iterate, and execute the visual style of unique characters. Ultimately you’ll create new and satisfying experiences for our players. This role reports to the Art Director of the project.
- Create 3D assets ranging from humanoid to creatures
- Understand game requirements to create low poly assets that are optimized for deformation and animation
- Work with materials/shaders and PBR workflows
- Interpret and push concept designs to the next level while accounting for technical and design constraints, such as poly counts, texture memory limits, and topology
- Use your sense of human/creature anatomy to push character quality to its fullest potential
- Work in an always evolving R&D development environment
- 5+ years of character modeling experience
- Demonstrated ability to work on stylized character models with personal or professional samples
- Experience working with modeling, sculpting, and texturing programs such as Maya, Zbrush, Substance, and Photoshop
- Experience with Marvelous Designer
- Shipped game content in UE4 as a character artist
- Substantial direct experience in the prototype/early stages of a game
- Experience working with game engine middleware solutions
When submitting your application, please provide a portfolio of your high-quality character art - including stylized artwork
Riot has a focus on work/life balance, shown by our open paid time off policy, in addition to other perks such as flexible work schedules. We offer medical, dental, and life insurance, parental leave for you, your spouse/domestic partner and children, and a 401k with company match. Check out our benefits pages for more information.
Riot Games fosters a player and workplace experience that values teamwork embodied by the Summoner's Code and Community Code. Our culture embraces differences as a strength, and our values are the guiding principles for how we approach work. We are committed to putting diversity and inclusion (D&I) at the center of everything we do, and promoting a fair and collaborative culture where Rioters treat one another with dignity and respect. We encourage you to read more about our value of thriving together and our ongoing work to build the most inclusive company in Gaming.
It’s our policy to provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and members of Riot Games, Inc. Riot Games makes reasonable accommodations for handicapped and disabled Rioters and does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, handicap, veteran status, marital status, criminal history, or any other category protected by applicable federal and state law, including the City of Los Angeles’ Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance relating to an applicant's criminal history.