Senior Manager, Production - Teamfight Tactics, Gameplay
Job Id: REQ-0003379
Production Managers lead teams and products from conception through launch and operation inside of the gaming space. They create and align teams to product vision, have a deep understanding of player needs, competitors and market conditions, and are able to balance scope, quality and time to predictably deliver at a high quality bar for players.
As a Senior Manager, Production on Teamfight Tactics (TFT), Gameplay you will report to the Operations Director, partner with the Initiative Product Lead, and manage producers across TFT. You will be the custodian of strong delivery processes for Sets creation with new Champions, Traits, Mechanics as well as balancing and ensuring that collaboration with other teams runs smoothly. You will oversee how the teams work, build work systems, maintain execution, and provide stakeholders and customers with visibility on complex deliverables. You will also ensure the teams work at a sustainable pace and continuously improve.
You will be accountable for the “how”, “when” and “who”
- Hire, mentor, and grow producers for teams within your space
- Help develop, maintain and improve the work systems used throughout the initiative, including how teams are structured, whether and how they report status back to stakeholders, and how multi-team work is coordinated
- Work daily with direct reports through management, mentoring, and coaching to facilitate their growth and effective fulfillment of their role within the initiative
- Facilitate conversations. Identify misalignment areas in development and develop risk mitigation plans
- Assess the team's maturity, health, and composition to ensure that the team is set up for success
- Build strong relationships with partner teams and craft working agreements to manage joint projects
- Minimum of 7 years of experience shipping games and features in a production/product management role
- Minimum of 4 years of game development experience, in a leadership position, working directly on the production of the game
- Minimum of 2 years of experience in a people management role or people leadership
- Experience leading teams through feature development (planning, execution, delivery, post-release support)
- Experience with live games and regular patch cadences
- Excellent stakeholder management
- Experience building frameworks; bringing clarity and conciseness.
- Strong familiarity with production process (agile, scrum, waterfall) and tools (Jira, structure, Airtable)
- Experience managing and shipping in the strategy game genre
- Experience with a global, live game service
- Mobile game development experience
- Experience managing teams throughout the software development lifecycle
We offer medical, dental, and vision plans that cover you, your spouse/domestic partner, and children. Life insurance, parental leave, plus short-term and long-term disability coverage are also available. Riot will support your retirement benefits with a company match, and double down on your donations of time and money to non-profit charitable organizations. Balance between work and personal life is encouraged with open paid time off, and a play fund so you can broaden and deepen your personal relationship with games.
It’s our policy to provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and members of Riot Games, Inc. Riot Games makes reasonable accommodations for handicapped and disabled Rioters and does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, handicap, veteran status, marital status, criminal history, or any other category protected by applicable federal and state law, including the City of Los Angeles’ Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance relating to an applicant's criminal history (LAMC 189.00).