Internal Communications Strategist II - Central Technology
Job Id: REQ-0003447
Riot's Internal Comms team members endeavor to shape our internal environment by creating communication plans, programs, and moments that celebrate Riot's playful, informal and passionate culture. We aim to communicate with a balance of transparency and clarity that's smart, well-crafted, and authentic. We cover everything necessary to internal messaging and work with all teams to create a passionate and ongoing, lively two-way conversation between Riot and Rioters on the issues that matter most to players and to us. We love games and enjoy telling the emotionally resonant stories that connect us to players and our mission.
As an Internal Communications Strategist II for the Technology Department, you’ll shape the way we communicate within the Technology department. You’ll create communication plans, programs, and moments that enable our Rioters to learn, connect, share wins, look forward, and align. You’ll help Rioters worldwide stay informed about what’s happening in and around the department, and build relationships with technologists across the company to surface stories and information that matters to the department and Riot's culture. You'll also be an expert in managing our digital channels, helping us to strategically think about when and where we message things to Rioters on a variety of platforms.
- Develop and maintain communication platforms that enable the department, and Rioters, to communicate effectively across our products and offices
- Work with stakeholders and team members to support departmental programs, pulling in relevant SMEs for content guidance as applicable
- Manage the department editorial calendar, maximizing and measuring engagement across our channels and platforms
- Manage and help identify opportunities for us to level-up our communications platforms
- Engage regularly with Rioters and stakeholders to source stories and campaigns that reflect who we are, what we care about, and what we need to know as a department
- Build relationships with Rioters through authentic, transparent, and engaging messaging
- Energize and support our partners in creating content aligned with our pillars: Learn, Connect, Share Wins, Look Forward, and Align
- Assist with editing and publishing articles for our Tech Blog
- Support and advise technologists on external presentations
- 3+ years of experience in a communications, content development, or editorial role
- Strong communication skills and relationship building
- Experience working with a variety of mediums - video, visual, written, audio, live presentations, etc.
- Experience with Content Management Systems
- Understand content strategy and development and current trends in the space
- Understand basic analytics tools like Google Analytics
- Experience working with technology companies and/or doing technical writing is a huge plus!
For this role, you'll find success through craft expertise, a collaborative spirit, and making decisions that focus on the delight of players. We will look at your past studies, experience, and your personal relationship with games. If you embody player empathy and care about the experiences of players, this could be the role for you!
Riot has a focus on work/life balance, shown by our open paid time off policy, in addition to other perks such as flexible work schedules. We offer medical, dental, and life insurance, parental leave for you, your spouse/domestic partner and children, and a 401k with company match. Check out our benefits pages for more information.
Riot Games fosters a player and workplace experience that values teamwork embodied by the Summoner's Code and Community Code. Our culture embraces differences as a strength, and our values are the guiding principles for how we approach work. We are committed to putting diversity and inclusion (D&I) at the center of everything we do, and promoting a fair and collaborative culture where Rioters treat one another with dignity and respect. We encourage you to read more about our value of thriving together and our ongoing work to build the most inclusive company in Gaming.