Job Id: REQ-0003589
As Systems Engineers at Riot, we work with a passionate team of software, network, systems, and infrastructure engineers. We combine our expertise to improve the way we store, process, and distribute data for League of Legends, while also paving the road for future games. You will report into the Engineering Manager.
Our Cloud Infrastructure Engineering team has a dual role. We operate and manage infrastructure supporting key player-facing services. We also work on designing and building infrastructure for the next iteration of our game services platform. We work closely with other teams to ensure existing services operate effectively, and to develop a robust and scalable infrastructure for new game platforms.
- Ensure that production services are operating normally
- Quickly correct system faults or issues that affect players or internal customers
- Perform maintenance on systems and infrastructure as necessary to keep production services operating effectively
- Work independently on key extended-scoped projects
- Write and otherwise document procedures for yourself and others to systematically perform maintenances
- Create tools to optimize operational tasks
- 2+ years experience in a Systems Engineering role
- Experience with Linux systems at scale on cloud platforms
- Ability to write software, especially tools to assist in supporting systems
- Experience with configuration management and orchestration tools
- Experience deploying and operating online game infrastructure
- Experience with Windows servers
We offer medical and dental plans that cover you, your spouse/domestic partner, and children. Life insurance, parental leave, plus short-term and long-term disability coverage are also available. Riot will support your retirement benefits with a company match, and double down on your donations of time and money to non-profit charitable organizations. Balance between work and personal life is encouraged with open paid time off, and a play fund so you can broaden and deepen your personal relationship with games.
Let's Thrive Together:
Because together we are better
It’s our policy to provide equal employment opportunities for all applicants and members of Riot Games. We know that fresh and varied perspectives will make us better at what we do, so however you identify and whatever background you bring with you, we’re excited to hear from you. Don’t be discouraged if you feel you don’t meet every one of the requirements for a role, there’s always room for growth at Riot. If you spot a role to make you want to jump out of bed in the morning, we are waiting to hear from you!