Broadcast Engineering Manager
Job Id: REQ-0002567
As Broadcast Engineering Manager (or Manager, Broadcast Engineering as it's known internally), you will oversee the technical and operational delivery of broadcast productions, including team management, equipment maintenance, communications and technical support while also liaising directly with clients. You will also oversee many project management activities, including planning, budgeting and reporting.
You have experience working in an Engineering capacity on an MCR or on remote productions, with the ability to train and manage members of the team. You also can build long-lasting connections with customers and important partners.
You will be a part of the Esports Live Production team and report directly to the Head of Production.
As part of your role you will travel approximately 30 days per year on the road for roadshows, training, trade shows.
- You will manage other engineers in the context of show and event production
- You will manage operations include provisioning, routing, and monitoring multiple A/V feeds to and from our broadcast facilities around the globe
- You will manage broadcast assets; load-in and setting up events for live production
- You will work with e-sports production teams on identifying and quantifying opportunities for improving production quality, efficiency, and player experience
- You will contribute to retros on all large productions, analyzing, and resolving technical issues
- You will be a resource for support and production requests from the show production crew and outside partners
- Installation, diagnosis, and maintenance of multiple videos in HD, audio, data, base band, signal processing, encoding and transmission gear
- Support broadcast show applications and their configurations, compression equipment, network components, automation and monitoring
- Support deployments of new services, applications, architectures and systems with installation, configuration, integration, evaluation, testing, documentation, and training
- Troubleshoot a variety of broadcast equipment including analog/digital receivers, encoders, decoders, signal processors, video/audio/IP routers, patch panels, converters, video servers, switchers, multiplexers, modulators, power amplifiers, edit bays and network attached storage on fiber/ethernet
- Design workflow/CAD wiring diagrams covering studio design and architecture
- 8+ years of progressive experience in Live/Post broadcast engineering
- Understand baseband video signals, routing, encoding, and decoding
- Understand at least on a basic level IP-based networking, subnetting and routing
- Experience working on Windows, Unix, and Mac-based systems at the CLI
- Understand Digital Asset Management workflows
- Experience with the movement of uncompressed and compressed video through routed IP-based networks, traditional video fiber, and terrestrial satellite
- Understand at least on a basic level audio routing, crew communications in a live studio environment, and sound play out optimization in indoor/outdoor venues
- Understand color correction concepts and techniques
- Experienced in troubleshooting audio/video signal flow, QC/QA on receive and transmit
- Experience with broadcast troubleshooting tools such as Oscilloscope, Waveform monitor, sync and reference generators, and cable testers
- Experienced with leading a Broadcast Engineering team
- Experienced with sporting events and live production in studio
- Open paid time off
- Retirement benefits with company matching
- Life insurance, parental leave, plus short-term and long-term disability
- Commuting allowance
- Play funds so you can broaden and deepen your knowledge of our players and community through games
- Daily lunch, snacks and fruits in the office
- We will double down on your donations of time and money to nonprofits
- Travel allowance
- Wellness allowance
Let's Thrive Together:
Because together we are better
It's our policy to provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and members of Riot Games. We know that fresh and varied perspectives will make us better at what we do, so however you identify and whatever background you bring with you, we're excited to hear from you. Don't be discouraged if you feel you don't fully meet every single one of the requirements for a particular role, there's always room for growth at Riot. If you spot a role that will make you want to jump out of bed in the morning, we are waiting to hear from you!