Researcher Intern (Graduate Level)
Job Id: REQ-0003621
The Insights discipline helps empower Rioters to be more data-informed. We're an interdisciplinary group of scientists, consultants, and strategists from all sorts of backgrounds who join together to represent and advocate for gamers around the world. We believe that illuminating the globally diverse experiences, behaviors, and needs of gamers is important to Riot living up to our player-focused mission. We're a group united by our love of games, science, and helping others succeed.
As a Researcher intern in Player Platform or Riot Game Operations, you will dive into ambiguous problem spaces, applying a variety of research methods in creative ways to support the design work around the user experience of the platform's services and the investments around our player behavior systems. Additionally, you will partner with other Insights and Research Rioters from the different game teams to improve our understanding of our player audience and to ensure our services are built to best serve each game's needs. You will report to a Strategic Advisory Manager.
Player Platform builds and operates the services used by the Riot game teams to achieve the best experience possible to players, including player behaviour systems, UX, client, e-commerce, tournaments and more.
Riot Game Operations makes building and delivering player experiences at Riot easy, scalable and sustainable. Our mission is to accelerate Riot’s scale ambitions through reliable, effective, systematic products and services in game operations that reduc
- Advocate for players and provide strategic guidance about their wants, needs, and behaviors
- Partner with designers and producers as part of a product team to produce insights and frameworks that'll inform the features, systems, and experiences
- Provide strategic insights to test teams' assumptions and inform their actions
- Construct and implement studies and surveys designed to answer product, business, development, and usability questions
- Design and moderate labs, guiding participants through a set of tasks and prompting them for sincere, relevant feedback
- Share your results with other Rioters in clear, illustrative presentations
- Enrolled in a graduate program in Psychology, Sociology, Anthropology, Human-Computer Interaction, or a related discipline plus 2 years of relevant research experience (An advanced degree can account for 1 or more years of experience depending on degree)
- Experience in different research methods including running MaxDiff/conjoint analysis, usability tests and performing survey research with deep expertise in at least one of these areas
- Hypothesis-driven experimentation skills with emphasis on qual/quant user research techniques and playtesting/labs. Familiarity with helping a team test, learn, and iterate
- Experience summarizing & socializing research results and distilling results into impactful recommendations for product leadership
- Familiarity with basic statistical methods for data analysis (regressions, correlations, factor analyses)
- Experience working with game teams, including designers, engineers, artists
- Vendor management experience
- Experience leading complex efforts with multiple collaborators
Riot has a focus on work/life balance, shown by our open paid time off policy, in addition to other perks such as flexible work schedules. We offer medical, dental, and life insurance, parental leave for you, your spouse/domestic partner and children, and a 401k with company match. Check out our benefits pages for more information.
Riot Games fosters a player and workplace experience that values teamwork embodied by the Summoner's Code and Community Code. Our culture embraces differences as a strength, and our values are the guiding principles for how we approach work. We are committed to putting diversity and inclusion (D&I) at the center of everything we do, and promoting a fair and collaborative culture where Rioters treat one another with dignity and respect. We encourage you to read more about our value of thriving together and our ongoing work to build the most inclusive company in Gaming.
It’s our policy to provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and members of Riot Games, Inc. Riot Games makes reasonable accommodations for handicapped and disabled Rioters and does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, handicap, veteran status, marital status, criminal history, or any other category protected by applicable federal and state law, including the City of Los Angeles’ Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance relating to an applicant's criminal history.