Publishing Project Manager
Job Id: REQ-0003678
Riot Games was established in 2006 by entrepreneurial gamers who believe that player-focused game development can result in great games. In 2009, Riot released its debut title League of Legends to critical and player acclaim. As the most played video game in the world, over 100 million play every month. Players form the foundation of our community and it’s for them that we continue to evolve and improve the League of Legends experience.
Riot has now put the “s” in Riot Games with the launch of Teamfight Tactics, Legends of Runeterra, VALORANT, and Wild Rift. Riot aims to delight players by providing more opportunities to engage with League and new IPs.
That's where you come in.
As a Publishing Project Manager, you will focus on setting, building and improving collaboration processes for multiple stakeholders (Creative, product, development team and leadership) to maximize productivity. Also, you will be responsible for managing a project tracker that helps stakeholders easily monitor the progress and performance of all publishing projects in KR. Moreover, you will lead communication with global/regional teams to apply requirements from KR publishing which are essential to support our business operations.
As a Rioter in Seoul, you’ll join a tight-knit group of exceptionally bright-minded individuals who share our prioritization of player experience, rejection of convention, and passion for gaming. Riot Games Korea is dedicated to creating tailored player experiences that show local players they aren’t lost in translation.
- Build a process for collaboration and support project management to boost productivity of stakeholders (brand managers, marketing and content teams). Keep improving the process by collecting feedback from stakeholders.
- Monitor the publishing projects in the KR office and define the best way to describe/visualize the progress and performance of all projects, and make regular updates.
- Provide regular reports on project statuses to the publishing team and leadership.
- Define the requirements to support business and publishing operations in KR, with understanding of the market and regulations in the KR gaming and internet industry.
- Drive communication with global/regional development teams to apply these requirements.
- 3+ years of project, product or program management experience.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills. Proficient in leading effective communication across cross-functional teams (Creative teams and product teams).
- Mature collaborator with strong organizational skills who can handle multiple projects simultaneously while working with multiple teams.
- Knowledge of project management tools (Jira, Trello or other equivalents).
- Disciplined organizer who has a natural inclination for planning with improvisation skills to respond to unexpected changes.
- Experience working with content creators or marketers, or possess direct work experience in the content creation or marketing campaign execution.
- Experience working with software engineers, or experience in the gaming or IT industry.
- PMP, Agile Project management or equivalent certification is preferred.
- A passionate gamer. Preferred candidates will play games on a weekly basis on various platforms such as PC, mobile and console.