Global Influencer Strategist, Fandom
Job Id: REQ-0003758
Riot Games was established in 2006 by entrepreneurial gamers who believe that player-focused game development can result in great games. In 2009, Riot released its debut title League of Legends to critic and player acclaim. Since then, four more titles, including FPS-success Valorant, have been added, with more in development. Across all of Riot’s IP, players form the foundation of our communities, and often influencers and creators are an essential part of our player strategy.
As the Global Influencer Strategist (Fandom), you will work with the Global Marketing Player Community team to develop influencer engagement strategies, support digital and in person efforts, roll out projects, and coordinate with our International Influencer teams to execute campaigns related to Brand, Entertainment, and Riot Forge that serve as the foundation of building a thriving community of Riot fans. You'll participate in a community of Influencer strategists, developing playbooks and leading the strategy to ensure we're all working towards the same goals when we engage with Influencers in our campaigns across the globe.
The Global Influencer Strategist (Fandom) will report to the Senior Manager of Influencer Marketing on the Player Community team.
- Develop the influencer strategy for products within Riot's brand portfolio (inclusive of Entertainment, Music, Riot Forge, and Brand) and communicate strategy throughout the Global and International influencer teams
- Work across Community, Brand, Creative, Editorial, Social, and PR teams to champion player-first ideas and build globally integrated campaigns and strategies with global impact
- Create strategies that achieve the goals established by Riot leadership
- Develop goals and performance metrics for campaigns, monitor to understand effectiveness of strategy and creative, and make recommendations for continuous improvement
- Manage the contracting and onboarding process for influencers and creators
- Work with Riot's Dev and Product teams worldwide to ensure consistency, including as the Influencer representative in regular team syncs and programs
- Advocate for and empower Riot's International influencer team to help build a thriving internal community of Influencer Strategists
- Manage reporting across streaming networks, platforms, social media and community discussions; including analyzing performance data, industry trends and new opportunities
- 5+ years' experience working within Influencer or Creator Marketing teams, including working directly with creators
- Knowledge of creator needs and pain points, including both with developing content and with the creator life cycle at all points in their journey
- Experience overseeing projects from kickoff to execution
- Understanding of best practices across social platforms and services in relation to influencer strategies (including Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, TikTok, Twitch, and YouTube)
- A network of influencer relationships, which includes experience working directly with creators, streamers and talent agencies
- Familiarity with Riot IP, inclusive of games, music, and entertainment
- Experience developing strategies to localize campaigns for audiences around the globe
- Experience working with agencies and vendors
- Knowledge of the creators developing content within Riot Games' IPs, both in North America and around the globe
- Knowledge of social platforms beyond North America, including services like AfreecaTV
For this role, you'll find success through craft expertise, a collaborative spirit, and creating strategies that prioritizes the delight of players. We will look at your past studies, experience, and your personal relationship with games. If you embody player empathy and care about the experiences of players, this could be the role for you!
Riot has a focus on work/life balance, shown by our open paid time off policy, in addition to other perks such as flexible work schedules. We offer medical, dental, and life insurance, parental leave for you, your spouse/domestic partner and children, and a 401k with company match. Check out our benefits pages for more information.
Riot Games fosters a player and workplace experience that values teamwork embodied by the Summoner's Code and Community Code. Our culture embraces differences as a strength, and our values are the guiding principles for how we approach work. We are committed to putting diversity and inclusion (D&I) at the center of everything we do, and promoting a fair and collaborative culture where Rioters treat one another with dignity and respect. We encourage you to read more about our value of thriving together and our ongoing work to build the most inclusive company in Gaming.
It’s our policy to provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and members of Riot Games, Inc. Riot Games makes reasonable accommodations for handicapped and disabled Rioters and does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, handicap, veteran status, marital status, criminal history, or any other category protected by applicable federal and state law, including the City of Los Angeles’ Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance relating to an applicant's criminal history.