Staff Software Engineer - Player Platform, Riot Client
Job Id: REQ-0001830
Riot engineers bring deep knowledge of specific technical areas but also value the opportunity to work in a variety of broader domains. As Software Engineers, we work with both new and current technology, creating creative solutions to overcome high-volume obstacles and to deliver player value.
As a Staff Software Engineer on the Riot Client team, you'll create the desktop software that millions of players worldwide use to authenticate, install, patch, and launch Riot's games. Your work will be players' first touchpoint with the wide range of experiences that Riot has to offer - including League, VALORANT, Legends of Runeterra, and beyond. You will allow players to discover new games from the Riot ecosystem, unlock content, and promote overall deeper engagement.
You'll embrace the values of the team by swarming on the highest value work, striving to collect and analyze data to make decisions, and working cross-discipline to establish the best possible experiences for players. You will eagerly dive into new areas of tech with the support of your teammates while reporting to the Engineering Manager of the Riot Client team.
- Develop desktop application UI using a combination of web technology and native OS APIs
- Develop desktop application APIs in C++
- Create high-quality software by writing unit, functional, and integration tests
- Partner with product, user experience, and visual design to create the best possible experience for both players and game developers by providing clear insight into technical requirements and limitations
- Mentor other engineers in your areas of expertise
- Create technical designs for medium to large features and socialize them with your team and relevant partners and customers
- Estimate the size and complexity of work for planning
- Take the lead in technical phone screens and onsite panels to vet other engineers for hiring
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or comparable experience in software development.
- 8+ years of industry experience
- Experience working with UX and visual designers
- Strengths in collaboration and communication
- Experience developing desktop (PC/Mac) applications, especially with CEF
- Familiarity with ReactJS, RxJS, Jest, Babel, CSS architecture
- Experience with C++
We offer medical, dental, and vision plans that cover you, your spouse/domestic partner, and children. Life insurance, parental leave, plus short-term and long-term disability coverage are also available. Riot will support your retirement benefits with a company match, and double down on your donations of time and money to non-profit charitable organizations. Balance between work and personal life is encouraged with open paid time off, and a play fund so you can broaden and deepen your personal relationship with games.
It's our policy to provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and members of Riot Games, Inc. Riot Games makes reasonable accommodations for handicapped and disabled Rioters and does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, handicap, veteran status, marital status, criminal history, or any other category protected by applicable federal and state law, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance relating to an applicant's criminal history (LAMC 189.00).