Product Manager, Wild Rift Esports Europe & MENA
Job Id: REQ-0003922
As Product Manager for Wild Rift Esports Europe & MENA (or Esports II as it's known internally), you will drive the strategic and executional efforts of building and owning multiple Wild Rift Esports programmes with the goal to contribute to a thriving Wild Rift esports ecosystem for Riot’s EMEA esports region. Your strategic vision, product management skills, operational excellence, as well as passion for esports and mobile gaming will help you to establish new standards in mobile esports.
In order to create holistic, best-in-class experiences for players, fans and esports organizations, you will partner with different stakeholders and teams from local game publishing teams, business development, competitive operations to broadcast, production and our global esports team, external partners like agencies, vendors, esports organizations and pro players.
You will report to the EMEA Head of Wild Rift Esports to align your product strategy with our overall Wild Rift esports strategy for the whole region.
You will be based in Berlin, Germany and join a dedicated team of Rioters who are working on esports initiatives across multiple games: League of Legends, Wild Rift, VALORANT, Teamfight Tactics, Legends of Runeterra, and our upcoming releases. You will be committed to ensuring that Riot is the most player-focused game company in the world.
- You take ownership over designing, overseeing, managing and operating esports programmes for Wild Rift Esports in EMEA from initial strategy and budgeting to execution
- Autonomously align different stakeholders within Riot and external parties towards a shared vision and roadmap for Wild Rift esports
- Work with external teams and vendors to ensure the Wild Rift esports experiences are tailored to each local market within the EMEA: Europe, Turkey, Middle East and CIS
- Plan and manage Wild Rift esports related tournaments and general esports programs
- Stay up-to-date with key Riot and non-Riot mobile esports experiences in all regions to spot opportunities and drive constant improvement of our Wild Rift Esports programs
- Maintain deep understanding and current awareness of the esports, sports and entertainment industry
- 5+ years of experience in competitive product management; experience in online / offline event production, experience in mobile gaming or mobile esports
- Bachelor’s degree in Product Management or a related field, or equivalent experience with a strong product management acumen and problem solving skills
- Strong esports and gaming industry knowledge
- Ability to develop trusted relationships and achieve results through influence across organizations, senior management, leadership
- Strong communication skills
- Experience setting a clear strategic vision and translate that vision into a cohesive portfolio of competitive products
- Ability to negotiate and accomplish deals with tournament organizers, production companies, broadcasters and media groups
- Business fluent or native in one or more of the following languages: Russian, Arabic, Turkish.
- Experience in working on a mobile esports title.
- Experience in working on a competitive console title.
- Open paid time off
- Retirement benefits with company matching
- Life insurance, parental leave, plus short-term and long-term disability
- Commuting allowance
- Play funds so you can broaden and deepen your knowledge of our players and community through games
- Daily lunch, snacks and fruits in the office
- We will double down on your donations of time and money to nonprofits
- Travel allowance
- Wellness allowance
Let's Thrive Together
Because together we are better
It's our policy to provide equal employment opportunities for all applicants and members of Riot Games. We know that fresh and varied perspectives will make us better at what we do, so however you identify and whatever background you bring with you, we're excited to hear from you. Don't be discouraged if you feel you don't fully meet every single one of the requirements for a role, there's always room for growth at Riot. If you spot a role that will make you want to jump out of bed in the morning, we are waiting to hear from you!