Insights Analyst II - Riot Game Operations, Strategic Advisory
Job Id: REQ-0003892
As an Insights Analyst in Riot Game Operations (RGO), you'll join our effort to make building and delivering player experiences at Riot easy, scalable and sustainable. You will report to an Insights Manager on Riot Game Operations, working on one or more projects.
The Strategic Advisory (SA) department empowers Rioters to make better decisions by helping them structure problems, and source and use data in the process. We're an interdisciplinary group of analysts, consultants, strategists and researchers from all sorts of backgrounds who join together to represent and advocate for players around the world, as well as Rioters in other parts of the organization who may be customers. We're a group united by our love of delivering value, science, and helping others succeed.
- Analyze game operations performance and large datasets to obtain insights that inform decision-making and new opportunities
- Monitor and report against key product, performance, customer sentiment and team health indicators, presenting to RGO leadership and other stakeholders on a monthly basis
- Build reports and dashboards against measurements to improve data accessibility and allow team members to self serve
- Perform analysis on important business and product questions and present recommendations to product leadership and partners
- Play an active role in long term strategic planning for Riot Game Operations, partnering with Strategic Advisory, Finance, and central teams on financial modeling and forecasting
- Occasional ad hoc data analysis for RGO leadership
- Participate in Riot-wide planning processes, working with central business and data teams to provide data and key inputs for corporate planning and other central workstreams
- Partner with data engineers, researchers, and other data teams to ensure best practices for data are followed in reporting
- 4+ years of experience in business intelligence, economic analysis, or related fields
- Proficiency in SQL, can maintain complex spreadsheets, and experience with Tableau
- Experience analyzing data and communicating recommendations to leadership/partners
- Experience analyzing large datasets
- Experience with BI and data visualization tools
- Degree in Statistics, Economics, Computer Science, Applied Mathematics, Management Information Systems, Operations Research, or a related discipline
- Can take broad questions and refine them into tightly-defined data requirements
Riot has a focus on work/life balance, shown by our open paid time off policy, in addition to other perks such as flexible work schedules. We offer medical, dental, and life insurance, parental leave for you, your spouse/domestic partner and children, and a 401k with company match. Check out our benefits pages for more information.
Riot Games fosters a player and workplace experience that values teamwork embodied by the Summoner's Code and Community Code. Our culture embraces differences as a strength, and our values are the guiding principles for how we approach work. We are committed to putting diversity and inclusion (D&I) at the center of everything we do, and promoting a fair and collaborative culture where Rioters treat one another with dignity and respect. We encourage you to read more about our value of thriving together and our ongoing work to build the most inclusive company in Gaming.
It’s our policy to provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and members of Riot Games, Inc. Riot Games makes reasonable accommodations for handicapped and disabled Rioters and does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, handicap, veteran status, marital status, criminal history, or any other category protected by applicable federal and state law, including the City of Los Angeles’ Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance relating to an applicant's criminal history.