Staff Software Engineer, Graphics - Unpublished R&D Product
Job Id: 4674
Riot engineers bring deep knowledge of specific technical areas but also value the opportunity to work in a variety of broader domains. As a Software Engineer, you’ll dive into projects that focus on team cohesiveness and cross-team objectives. You’ll drive engine technology and provide other engineers and technical artists with a clear illustration of extraordinary engineering.
As a Staff Software Engineer in R&D focused on graphics, you are responsible for helping Riot build and deliver a brand new game! You will keep the players' experience in mind as you build rendering systems and engine features to support one of our new games. You will also work collaboratively with artists, designers, and producers to deliver genre-defining visual experiences to our players. You will report to the Engineering Manager of the project.
- Be the rendering expert of the team
- Help build the engine technology that powers one of our new AAA games
- Deeply understands how rendering systems are interlinked and proactively works across departments to drive best practices and advise on all things render related.
- Work collaboratively with the Art team to help realize the overall vision of the game
- Work to monitor and increase the performance of the game client
- Build, implement, and improve tools for artists across multiple platforms
- Work to resolve pipeline issues and to identify areas for improvement
- 6+ years of professional programming experience
- BS or equivalent experience
- Expert in low-level optimization of C++
- Working knowledge of how to integrate common asset types into games
- Familiarity working in an agile environment
- Experience with multithreaded programming
- Experience working in the games industry
- Experience working with 1 or more game engines
- Experience with mobile and/or console rendering pipelines
- Interest in working on Stylized Rendering
- Experience partnering closely with artists
- Experience working with Unreal Engine
- Familiarity with HLSL
Riot has a focus on work/life balance, shown by our open paid time off policy, in addition to other perks such as flexible work schedules. We offer medical, dental, and life insurance, parental leave for you, your spouse/domestic partner and children, and a 401k with company match. Check out our benefits pages for more information.